Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis invading Iceland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Axis invading Iceland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis invading Iceland - 7/7/2018 10:06:22 PM   
taffjones

I had a German garrison unit landed in Iceland and occupying the city.
The next turn Britain launched operation Fork and took control of Iceland back .
I didn't invade Denmark via the DE but manually, It was on the same turn that it would have been invaded by the DE (Bad weather prevented me invading sooner).
Is this WAD or a bug?
Surely if German troops have landed operation fork shouldn't just give control of Iceland back to Britain.
Post #: 1
RE: Axis invading Iceland - 7/7/2018 10:21:29 PM   
KorutZelva

Once UK has taken the DE the die is cast. If the unit was there the turn before, the UK wouldn't have gotten the DE. Best way to conquer Iceland is to conquer Denmark manually in autumn 1939. If you do it early enough, when supply recover you can even operate a plane there to prevent the DE.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/7/2018 10:24:02 PM >

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis invading Iceland - 7/8/2018 12:26:52 AM   
wlape3

Just edit the territory event linked to the DE to not allow Iceland to become Allied if there are a minimum number of German units present. Historically, I doubt the British would have hesitated to seize Iceland unless it would have interfered with their ability to support more important operations elsewhere, such as in France or Norway.

The beauty of the game is you can tweak the events and AI responses to give the right amount of historical "feel" or explore an entirely different chain of events.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Axis invading Iceland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI