Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Partisans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Partisans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Partisans - 7/7/2018 6:31:00 PM   
Elessar2

The other thread reminded me of something that's bugged me ever since SC I. How the partisan war is run.

As it is, it is easy peasy: just stick a unit on a spot on the map. Kills partisans dead (rather, they cannot be born in the first place). God, err, the game engine rather will even helpfully point out where they can appear.

If it were that easy, wouldn't the Germans have done exactly that?

I'd prefer to have them spawn within a 3-5 hex radius of the given scripted spawn point. They would then disrupt supply if they moved and ended their turn next to a city or railroad or resource. You would have to go out and kill them to keep your lines clear, and even then there would be no guarantees. [This would apply to the "free range" partisans-you probably should still have to garrison certain key cities as well, but not as many as we currently have]

Right now it is simply too cut and dried and predictable, and no real strategy involved either, since everybody builds the garrisons/other el cheapo units to block them.

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: Partisans - 7/7/2018 8:00:27 PM   
xwormwood

Yes and now. Partisan war was something entirely different in WW2. SC offers one way to simulate it. I would prefer if they could "dive" like subs, and keep silent, like subs (silent: tiles don't change control if moved into).

"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 2
RE: Partisans - 7/7/2018 9:31:50 PM   
vonRocko

Interesting idea. But I have enough trouble with them as it is. The garrisons do represent a pretty large amount of troops committed already. I don't want a "whack a mole" partisan mini game.

(in reply to xwormwood)
Post #: 3
RE: Partisans - 7/7/2018 10:19:29 PM   
KorutZelva

Maybe if the spawn tile was random and invisible at the beginning of the game and after a first spawn (or supply disruption) they would be listed when you press the hotkey.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Partisans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI