Shared game and help from experts?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

pacman14k

Shared game and help from experts?

Post by pacman14k »

Is there an option to share a game live with another person to allow two people to have control over a single game? I'm just thinking it would be good to play alongside with someone who has good experience in this game; someone who can advise newbs like myself on the best ways to execute missions. At the moment I'm pretty much playing blind - I have no idea what's really needed to for an effective mission. I just seem to be sending random fighters and bombers into battle without proper consideration because I have little idea how to execute a modern battle at the best of times and have little situational awareness about what is actually happening.

Cheers
ultradave

RE: Shared game and help from experts?

Post by ultradave »

Not quite what you are looking for but on Skype you could share your desktop and have a real time conversation with someone providing helpful advice. He could see everything you do and direct you where you get stuck.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

ORIGINAL: pacman14k
.. I have little idea how to execute a modern battle at the best of times and have little situational awareness about what is actually happening.

Don't worry, that puts you about on par with most actual service members. I think the more contemporary a scenario is, the more difficult it is in some ways, because the less you can rely on historical documents for guidance on tactics. The SEAD tactics used in Vietnam, for example, might make sense against SA-2s and guns, but using the same platforms and weapons today in exactly the same ways probably isn't a wise idea. Part of the game is experimenting with tactics and thinking through problems. There's usually lots of different ways to solve the same problem.

I think one of the best ways to learn how to get good at the game is to make scenarios based on what you read in history books, and then try to duplicate the results using the tactics described. Then, when you try a futuristic scenario, ask what changed, and how contemporary systems might be used (sometimes in combination) to offset whatever changed.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

I think one the best ways to learn how to get good at the game is to make scenarios based on what you read in history books, and then try to duplicate the results using the tactics described. Then, when you try a futuristic scenario, ask what changed, and how contemporary systems might be used (sometimes in combination) to offset whatever changed.

I agree. Excellent advice. Designing small scenarios, along with the tutorials, can get new players up to speed quickly with patience on their part.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”