Spying & Intel research

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
jjdenver

Spying & Intel research

Post by jjdenver »

Hi,

I want to make sure I understand how spying & intel research works. Playing as Axis - does it make sense to only invest in S&I with Germany since only the country with highest level on axis side will be used when determining chance for breakthroughs compared to highest allied country S&I? Or is there some other subtlety? I understand that there is some reason to invest with Italy since they may get lucky and advance faster however having enough MPP's is always a big problem for IT so I'd prefer to just invest with Germany if it's correct that investing with IT has only marginal utility - i.e. only when IT manages to advance faster than Germany does on S&I level.

Thanks
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Sugar

RE: Spying & Intel research

Post by Sugar »

Since any chit adds a chance for a breakthrough, it's best to buy them asap, allthough you're right in principle.
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

So you buy them for Italy also? And Finland if playing Fall Weiss?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Some do, some don't.

There's a longer discussion of how they work on the 2nd or 3rd page of this forum. I'd post a link, but am using my phone now.

In short S&I only helps a specific country if their level is higher than all their opponents' levels. If it is then your base +% increases by the difference (usually only 1), and your breakthrough chance increases by the same amount (5% would become 6% for single chit and 10 to 11% for double chit Techs.

If a country is equal or behind to any opponent there is no benefit (or penalty).

The point of investing with Italy, Russia and the US is to increase the chance that you or your ally will get a breakthrough in S&I itself to get ahead (or catch up if behind)
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Return to “The War Room”