Aircraft weapon filters not working for ASW/NvSearch

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

Aircraft weapon filters not working for ASW/NvSearch

Post by Dili »

In normal range.

In Dali's Husky he is testing the use of weapon filters for aircraft but for Naval search and ASW normal range weapons do not appear only extended range weapons appear as you can see in default load.

Anyone already faced this issue?

Attachments
WPfliter1.jpg
WPfliter1.jpg (250.74 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Dili

RE: Aircraft weapon filters not working for ASW/NvSearch

Post by Dili »

Here is the weapon setup in editor. The only change is more or less number of bombs. Bomb type is the same.

Attachments
WPfliter2.jpg
WPfliter2.jpg (155.96 KiB) Viewed 463 times
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I have. In RHS. Could you post the first page showing the default load....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Probably because planes in ASW, and Search missions, only use extended range bombloads.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Yes, inqistor is correct - not an issue, normal bombload is not being used for ASW / search, only reduced load.
Dili

Post by Dili »

I am testing it so i have not reached a conclusion yet but Dali's feedback says no weapons employed in that 2 missions.
As i think was asked by btd64

Attachments
WPfliter4.jpg
WPfliter4.jpg (264.29 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Dali101

Post by Dali101 »

Again I thoroughly test and write the result. Dali
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Noticed something odd: I did not know that Naples was a city in Asia... [:D]

Seriously though, the filter value 4 (*n = Alt Naval) should not be used except for torpedo carrying aircraft, so Wpn 4's value should be just 2, not 6.

Also, as stated above, ASW missions only use ordinance specified for Extended Range missions, which I infer is your Wpn 17. Additionally, remember that ASW missions are limited to 1/2 the distance of Extended Range. In this case, Extended Range is 22 hexes, so your group will fly ASW out to 11 hexes.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Dili

Post by Dili »

Admiral DadMan the issue is that the aircraft does not use any weapons when not in extended range in ASW and Nv Search

When not using filters the field DEFAULT LOAD still have a weapon there for ASW and Nv Search. When using weapon filters there is nothing listed there.

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

This is correct. That is, it was posted years ago that was the intended way these routines work.

I guess the idea is that to achieve long range, one must carry a very limited load. Also, ASW is
very search intensive and range inefficient.

This means that the actual ASW load is the extended range load. I do not like it - but we cannot write
the code. If they wanted to cut range in half, they could have done that for normal range as well. But they
didn't.

So - even if an aircraft has NO extended range load - give it the ASW weapons at extended range anyway.

And understand that the normal ASW load is cosmetic - a record of the truth perhaps - but not functional
in game terms.

Search is similar but a bit more strange. Even an UNARMED search plane will score bomb hits occasionally! Or at least
lie and say it did.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Please read what i wrote el cid. How do explain a different behavior with no weapon filters and with weapon filters?
Why you can put an aircraft in normal range and do not hit anything with weapon filters in nv search and asw missions but you can without weapon filters?
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Heh, I just noticed something really weird. You have 4 bombs defined for ASW work, in both ranges, but first screen shows only TWO bombs in use. I'm pretty sure there is no build-in half bombload in code, so...

Is airbase big enough for this plane to fly with standard load? Do you have ALt Device set for 100kg GP Bomb? Maybe they have different weight, and it gets weirdly rounded? Do you observe same behaviour for other planes?
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Admiral DadMan the issue is that the aircraft does not use any weapons when not in extended range in ASW and Nv Search

When not using filters the field DEFAULT LOAD still have a weapon there for ASW and Nv Search. When using weapon filters there is nothing listed there.

1. When you set your mission as ASW, then ONLY the weapons in your ASW filter will be displayed.
2. ASW missions are ONLY performed with Extended Range weapons, and are limited to 1/2 the Extended Range, in this case 11 Hexes.

Both screen shots you have posted tell me that you have set it up properly. You're not going to hit subs that you cannot see.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

A screenshot of the weapons slots 11 - 20 might be helpful.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

1. When you set your mission as ASW, then ONLY the weapons in your ASW filter will be displayed.
2. ASW missions are ONLY performed with Extended Range weapons, and are limited to 1/2 the Extended Range, in this case 11 Hexes.

Both screen shots you have posted tell me that you have set it up properly. You're not going to hit subs that you cannot see.
Good catch!
Dili

Post by Dili »

Explain why the aircraft data screen without filters shows up a weapon in default load in ASW and Nv Search?

You can check any aircraft that can do those missions in any game. Check a Dauntless a Catalina, an H6K, a Jake any bomber, all of them have default weapon in ASW or Nv Search mission. Click aircraft data, it is there the default load.

But when you employ weapon filters the default load is blank.
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Explain why the aircraft data screen without filters shows up a weapon in default load in ASW and Nv Search?

You can check any aircraft that can do those missions in any game. Check a Dauntless a Catalina, an H6K, a Jake any bomber, all of them have default weapon in ASW or Nv Search mission. Click aircraft data, it is there the default load.

But when you employ weapon filters the default load is blank.

I can only guess that what you showed in the first screen shot is the Training/Rest mode which will show all weapons. The weapons shown for ASW under DEFAULT load are irrelevant. I don't know why they are listed.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Dili

Post by Dili »

See all with configuration in post #2
Notice that also recon and transport show no bombs with weapon filters but that is not an issue obviously.

Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (292.24 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Dili

Post by Dili »

In training shows all configs like shown in post #6

If it has Naval Attack and Port Attack as alternate mission it shows both configs.
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

-

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”