Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of June 2018

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of June 2018 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of June 2018 - 6/22/2018 12:37:06 AM   
pzgndr

Well, it's been another year since I posted the NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of June 2017.

So far, v1.21.04 was released in April 2017, and v1.2202 was released in May 2018. I had to release a couple of quick hotfixes for v1.22.02, but I think all is well now. My plan last year was to continue to work off issues from the old Mantis bug reports: bug fixes, AI improvements, game enhancements, and the 1812 scenario. Resolving PBEM issues was a priority. Except for the 1812 scenario and resolution of the persistent loan money bug, I made good progress. I think the PBEM issues are largely resolved now and we're seeing several PBEM games in progress again.

I have started work on v1.23 and have made some progress already. Here are the updates so far:

quote:

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.00
=============================================
- 0000100: [UI Enhancement] Better info on Unit Report screen. Show current/max factors – resolved.
- 0000151: [Rules Deviation] Add end-of-game manpower to VP total – resolved, as end-of-game log message.
- 0000245: [UI Enhancement] Sort Unit Report and show depots – closed, leave as is.
- 0000262: [UI Bug] Message wrong when loading fleet – resolved.
- 0000404: [UI Enhancement] Add a horizontal line through the victory point chart – closed.
- 0000425: [UI Enhancement] Game Log Readability – closed, several previous updates have improved game log information.
- 0000521: [Rules Deviation] Victory Rules not according to original game's intent and make coalitions much harder to maintain – resolved, manpower levels added as end-of-game log messages.
- 0000598: [Game Enhancement] Add column to text report that lists the orders given to each unit and other standing order questions – resolved.
- 0000652: [UI Enhancement] Show current manpower and revenue for other nations when the "show selected nation" button is used – resolved.
- 0000653: [UI Enhancement] Display Prussian saved manpower – resolved.
- 0000718: [Game Enhancement] Game should provide warning text box when corps are halted by insurrection corps placement – resolved, also added warnings to set insurrection areas and when insurrection corps ready.
- 0000754: [Game Enhancement] VP totals for other powers hard to estimate – resolved.
- 0000765: [Game Enhancement] Naval pursuit arrows are hard to read, use signal flags from Nelson at Trafalgar "engage enemy more closely" instead – resolved, increased font size.
- 0000863: [UI Enhancement] User Preferences, set under Options on the intro screen, seem to attach to the save game files – closed, comments added to PBEM game setup instructions.

Lately I have been working on the 1812 scenarios and I have the classic EIA and alternate EIH campaigns built. The current snag is setup of French forces, particularly minor corps to be setup in Poland; e.g., the Venetian corps cannot be placed in the Thorn area, but they can be placed elsewhere. Also, the starting VPs for AI players are not showing up, but they show up for all human players. It's odd, and I am struggling to track down and fix these problems, and it will require code updates. Beyond that, there are a couple of other game/editor issues I'd like to tackle to allow other mod work. Daniel Amieiro has highlighted several data file issues that require code changes, so I will see what I can do.

Alright, the other two major areas of effort will be: 1) bug fixes and improvements for loaned units and AI allied operations (with a goal to making the AI allies more cooperative), and 2) enhancement of the surrender code to allow additional separate peace options. And I will continue to work off other issues as I can. I'd like to shoot for getting another official update released later this year. That's the plan. We'll see how it goes.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team
Post #: 1
RE: NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of June ... - 6/24/2018 10:12:43 AM   
Daniel Amieiro

thx :)

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of June 2018 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI