In the new patch we tried to implement a procedure for restart a multiplayer match using a saved game file.
The usual case you need this is when your match drop (or a single player drops) in the middle of match, but you can also use this if you want play a match many hours long and you want split it in many phases.
Is better starts from a real case:
Player 1 hosts a match, using the scenario "Alpha", for player 2, 3, 4 and 5.
After 1 hour of game, players 2 and 5 drops from the game.
Player 1 wants restart the match, so as first action he saves the game at this point; he gives to the save the name Player1 (in the file system it will be Player1.sav).
- second step: Player 1 sends the save file to all the players (2,3,4,5) of match
- Player 2,3,4,5 place the save file received in the save directory of game (in \Users\User\Documents\SowWL\Saved Games ) keeping the same file name (Player1.sav)
- Player 1 opens the scenario "Alpha" directory (usually under \Users\User\Documents\SowWL\Scenarios ) and create here a file with the name "restartmp.ini" (ini is the extension, make attention if you have the explorer option of hide know extension)
- Player 1 has to open "restartmp.ini" and write inside this
now he saves the file "restartmp.ini"
- Now all the players re-enter in lobby like the first time and Player 1 selects again the scenario "Alpha". All the players select their officers and Player 1 starts the match. If all has been done correctly the players will restart the game at the same moment of saving action, with the same values.
A set of info and warnings:
- use only save files taken from multiplayer matches, not from matches of campaign or single player.
- Is not necessary that the host is the same player of first session, but the host has to do the same actions done by Player 1 above.
- the players can select different officers respect those of first session or more players (or less) can partecipate to the match.
- If an officer previously used by a player is leaved without human in the restart, it will start the match with TC on