PBEM Game timeout? Help request

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Raptor341

PBEM Game timeout? Help request

Post by Raptor341 »

Good day,

I am currently playing a game with a friend who sometimes has to leave for extended periods due to work. After patching up my game to 1.13 non-steam, I decided to log into the online server when I noticed that it reported that the game was finished even though my opponent has not logged on in over 30 days. Before the patch, it was reporting as waiting for the turn but now it says complete. Assuming this issue does not have anything to do with the latest patch, is there a way to re-activate the game? What is the PBEM timeout period? When he updates his client will this solve the issue?

Details are as follows,

Challange ID: one zero seven two zero seven (Sorry, the forum wouldn't let me post numbers)

Thank you,

Raptor341
Raptor341

RE: PBEM Game timeout? Help request

Post by Raptor341 »

After reading other players issues here in the tech support forum I'm concerned that the game has timed out on the server. If it has, can it be reactivated? Having spent many hours on this game only to lose it by not playing for a month is unacceptable.

Raptor341
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Raprot341,

I've just asked for some help on the server side to look into this for you, i.e. to see if there is anything that can be done.

Hubert
Raptor341

Post by Raptor341 »

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the effort. Any word on the PBEM++ timeout period for future reference?

Cheers,

Raptor341

Raptor341

Post by Raptor341 »

Update: Friend just attempted to take his turn and while he was able to play the turn, it failed to upload the turn to the server. "It gave me a "draw error" and booted me. Now it will not let me back in and it is showing as a completed game."

Both clients are now v1.13, using Fall Weiss 12.0. If something can be done to reactivate the game would be ideal. If not, understanding why the game timed out or failed would be good to know for future games of PBEM++.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Raptor341,

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a full picture over how the PBEM++ handles this, but from what I have been told so far, it is that the game will be initially marked as abandoned on the server after some time if the game hasn't been played, and then after that it is marked as completed. This is automatically done on the server side.

I'm just waiting to hear back on just how long it is before it is marked as abandonded and if there is anything that a player or that I could do to reverse that status before it then gets marked as completed.

Apologies for the delay since as I mentioned I too am waiting to hear back on this,
Hubert

Raptor341

Post by Raptor341 »

Thank you for the update, standing by.

Cheers,

Raptor341
Raptor341

Post by Raptor341 »

Any update on this?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Raptor341,

I'm unfortunately still waiting to hear back from the PBEM++ development team on this, apologies for the continued delay.

Hubert

Return to “Tech Support”