From: Karlsruhe / Germany
In my opinion axis has only a chance to win when they take both Leningrad AND Moscow in the first summer. And normally axis should able to do this.
Yep, the soviet airforce is much stronger than in other versions. But houserules whitch forbid the training by airlifts with bombers for the soviets is a good possibility to prevent this. And the production of the Pe-3/Yer-2 must limited.
What do you think about the following rules? (Lorenzo`s houserules are fine, but for possum and for a more historical feeling they are better in my opinion)
1) After a corps get special supply, it can`t change it`s commanding HQ. After a corps gets special supply it`s not allowed to transfer or rail units in other corps.
2) A single target (corps, hq`s, cities) can bombed only three times in one turn.
3) To move a corps it must have at least one division sized unit in it.
4) An armored corps/army must have at least one Panzer/Tank, Motorized, PanzerGrenadier (PZG), Mechanized or Cavalry division in it to plot 5 squares of movement. If an armored corps does not have at least one mobile division in it, it can only plot 2 squares as if it were an infantry corps/army.
5) The West and Italian Front HQs must have at least two fighter air groups and one bomber air group in each at all times. The air groups can be set on training mode. The West Front air groups can be placed in OKW or OKH, but if not there then they must be in the West Front HQ.
6) All Soviet HQ's within 3 squares of the eastern edge of the map, are considered to be "in Siberia" and can't be attacked by player directed air missions, such as an airfield attacks. The air groups in these HQ's can't fight however, they must be in training mode only. This rule no longer applies once the HQ has one or more enemy corps adjacent to it, and after Jan 1, 1943.
7) A corps (isolatd or not), currently at Supply Level 0, can only move or attack towards its own front line, i.e., it can not continue attacking towards the enemy rear area.
8) Transport missions are only allowed for tranport squadrons (Ju-52, Li-2, Junkers and TB-3). It´s allowed to supply Corps with supply level “0” by bomber units at all times. Axis is allowed to supply all corps with bombers in 1941.
9) HQ`s can only contain four fighter squadrons. West or Italian Front, OKW, OKH, RVGK and HQ`s in Siberia con contain more fighter squadrons.
10) Both sides can only have up to four heavy tank factories in 41, five in 42, six in 43 and seven in 44. (all KV´s, JS´s, Tiger, Kingtiger,) Axis can only have a maximum of ten Panther factories at all time. At every time axis must have a minimum of four Pz-III, Pz-IV, or Pz38te factories.
12) Axis can only have three He-177 factories. At every time axis must have a minimum of 3 Me-109 factories. The maximum number of FW-190A factories is 5 for 1941 and 6 for 1942. After 1942 there is no limit for FW-190 factories.
13) Soviets can only have two Pe8/Yer-2 factories. At every time the soviets must have at least three different fighter or fighter-bomber factories. This exclude allied factories.
14) Both sides can only change one tank and one plane factory per round.
15) All finnish troops, Corps and the HQ are limited in their movement for the whole game. They must remain within the following boundaries : Vologda, Kalinin, Demyansk, Pskov. They can occupy these cities or be N, NW of them.
16) Blizzard 41/42 Limitations upon Soviets. At Nov 30, 41 the location of soviet controlled hexes are noted. Soviets are not allowed to attack any axis combat unit or to move westward until Dec 21, 41 (two turns). If Leningrad and Moscow is fallen they can move 12 hexes westward from this position. If one of the cities is fallen they can move 9 hexes, if none of the cities fallen they can move 6 hexes.They are not allowed to move further westward until Apr 1, 42.
17) Soviets not allowed to bomb any axis city until Aug 16, 42. Only Ploesti and Bucarest are allowed to bombed.
18) fighting to the end.
19) no cheating !!!
20) no saves during the turn.
21) An unsupplied HQ(ie surrounded by enemy controlled hexes), must be "captured" as soon as possible. This returns the HQ to the other side.