Eagle Day 1 Month Scenario 1940

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
avgard

Eagle Day 1 Month Scenario 1940

Post by avgard »

Louie and I have begun the campaign game. 1st day Germans sent out 13 raids. 2 day raids hit Tangmere. Damage
was zip. Sent 11 night raids. They knocked out the radar stations at Pevensky,Dover, Rye, and Foreness. I lost
17 aircraft and he lost 4. My air superiority was 3. Industry damage and terror 0. 2nd Day I am hitting
Tangmere again during the day and then 7 night raids on 7 undamaged radar sights. See what happens. If I knock
his radar out, might be able to get frisky. 2nd day Germans sent out 8 raids. The Tangmere raid missed its target
hit a radar site instead. Poling, Beachy Head, Fairlight, Truleigh all knocked out. They join Forness, Dover, Rye,
and Pevensky. Looks like Southeastern England is without coastal radar. Lost 26 planes to his 3. Air superiority
has gone up to 4. 3rd day Germans sent out 9 raids. Tangmere, that garden spot, got 3 day raids and inflicted
minimal damage. Portsmouth docks got 2 raids and Port of Dover got 2 raids. 100% & 99% damage. Dover area got
hit with 2 more raids inflicting 54% damage. Germans lost 54 aircraft and RAF lost 18. Air superiority dropped
back to 3. Industry damage and terror 0. Knocked out 2 ports and tried a little terror bombing to no effect. 4th
day looks like his coastal radar is pretty well toasted. Lets see if that will help. A total of 9 night raids.
Tangmere finally got the stick. 83% damage from 3 night raids. Brighton Power to 100% from 2 raids. Dunkirk
radar 99% damage from 2 raids. Whitestable radar 98% damage from 2 raids. My air superiority is back up to 4. I
lost 17 planes on the raid for a total of 114 for the campaign. Industry and Terror zip. There does appear to
be a gap in his radar. 5th day looks like his coastal radar is toasted from Sopley to Whitstable. A total of 15
night raids. 2 raids on Ventor radar 99%. 2 raids on Worth zip. 2 raids on Sopley 99%. 1 raid on Tangmere 99%.
Took long enough on that one. 2 raids on Southampton power 100%. 2 raids on Portsmouth power 99%. 2 raids on
Port of Portland 100%. 2 raids on Tilbury oil storage 99%. Luftwaffe lost 29 aircraft to 0 for RAF. Air
superiority stays at 4. Industry and Terror zip. That really means I inficted damage but not enough to effect
war effort. Looks like a hole in his radar coverage. Lets see if I can expand that hole a little more.
JeffroK

RE: Eagle Day 1 Month Scenario 1940

Post by JeffroK »

IMVHO,

You win this by knocking out the RAF, why limit its ability to react by hitting RADAR.

Recce his airfields and blast those holding fighters. Force him back so he has to fly fatiguing Patrols or intercept from longer ranges.

I also sweep heavily and usually target Biggin, Kenley, Hornchurch and other major bases around London.

Its only after beating down the RAF do I hit industry and then I concentrate on the London area.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
avgard

Post by avgard »

Continuing the 1 Month Scenario 1940: 6th day: 11 radar site blackout stretches from West Prawle to Waldon. 11 night
raids hit the coast. 2 raids hi Worth radar 99%. 2 raids hit West Prawle radar 99%. 2 raids hit Walton radar
99%. 2 raids hit Canewdon radar 99%. 1 raid hit Newhaven port 36%. 2 raids hit Poole Harbor port 11%. Luftwaffe
losses 14 planes while Brits loose 5 planes. Still at air superiority of 4. Not enough damage to increase
industry or terror up from zip. A little bit more and there will be no active radar on the southern coast. The
Luftwaffe is starting to work on major air bases deeper in. Achtung. 7th day was a dud. Out of 12 raids only 4
found there target. 2 raids hit Hawks Tor 75%. 2 raids hit Bawdsly 64%. 2 raids missed Bromley. 1 raid missed
Dunwich. 3 raids missed Kenley. 2 raids missed Biggin Hill. Total bummer. Luftwaffe lost 22 planes and the
Brits 7. Well, I must have done something right because air superiority is 5. Radar sites on the coast out from
Hawks Tor to Bawdsly. Who knows I may run some day light raids. So far they all have been night raids. Got to
have alot of fighters waiting to tangle with the Brits. Only about 10 sites left and then it should be clear
sailing to the center of Britain as long as I keep under 3000 feet. 8th day: 9 raids sent out. 2 raids hit their
target and the rest missed. Poole Harbour port 11%. Biggin Hill primary airfield 99%. Radar blackout still
stretches from Hawks Tor to Bawdsly. Luftwaffe still at 5 air superiority. One recond mission was sent to North
Holt with heavy fighter coverage. Luftwaffe lost 63 planes. 47 were fighters on the recon mission. RAF lost 39
planes. Well lets see what happens next. 9th day: This one is easy to write up. 9 raids and 0 hits. RAF lost 7
planes and Luftwaffe lost 16. Radar blackout still goes from Hawks Tor to Bawdsly. Air superiority is up to 6.
Air superiority of 8 is a game winner. 10th day: 8 raids went out. 2 raids hit Kenley 99%. 1 raid hit Short
Brothers 95%. 1 raid hit Sheerness Dockyard 99%. 4 raids missed Bromley, Rame Head, and Dunwich radars. RAF
lost 9 planes and the Luftwaffe lost 60. Air superiority remains at 6.
avgard

Post by avgard »

While I agree with you about knocking out the RAF, there is more than one path you can follow. I was an avid
player of Grigsby's game 12'oclock High. It was basicly the same game as Eagle Day with more abstract graphics.
His previous game discussed German strategy in the game manual as well as what happened historically. The manual
recommended knocking out the radar as the first step to toasting the British. Goring almost accomplished this, but
just when he had the Brits on the edge, Hitler had him switch the bombing raids to terror raids on London as a
pay back for a Brit raid on Berlin. So, right now most of the Brit radar is out on the south coast. That leaves
surface to 2,900 wide open with no radar coverage. Current raids will take out a few more. See what happens.
avgard

Post by avgard »

11th Day: 4 raids went out. Large raid hit Kenley 98% damage. Radar raids all missed. Luftwaffe lost 35 planes
and Raf lost 12. Air superiority is still 6. 12th Day: Louie's first comment was it was a bad day for the
Luftwaffe. Well, the good part is that 6 raids went out. 2 raids hit Hornchurch primary airfield 69%. 1 raid
hit Gravesend power 100%. 2 raids hit the port at Poole Harbor 100%. 1 raid to Aberdeen 26%. Not too shabby for
only 6 raids. Luftwaffe lost 93 planes to 28 for the RAF. Still at Air Superiority 6. Industry damage went up
to 1. Same radar blackout as before. 13th Day: No Missions. 14th Day: 4 raids on radar stations and zip
damage. Air superiority still at 6 and industrial damage at 1. Luftwaffe lost 3 planes and RAF none. Looks like
the Luftwaffe is on a roll. Two days and no damage at all. The results for those night raids are mixed. 15th Day:
8 Raids. Bromley radar 99% damage. Ipswich Power 78%. Powers Petroleum 99% CFAC at Hawker,Brooklands 100%.
Port at Dortsmouth 99%. Crowden Power 65%. Shellhaven oil refinery 35%. Dyce primary airfield 63%. Air
superiority still at 6 and industrial damage at 1. RAF lost 7 plane and the luftwaffe lost 91. No better no worse
for the Germans except they lost 91 planes. 16th Day: 3 Raids. Driffield primary airfield 65%. Purfleet Oils
64%. Standard Oil 99%. Luftwaffe losses 87 planes and RAF lost 13. Still at Air Superiority 6. Still at
Industrial Damage 1. 17th Day: 4 raids went out. Large raid hit Shellhaven oil refinery 100% damage. Medium
raid hit Southampton rail 96% damage. Large raid hit Peterhead power 95% damage. Medium raid hit Ramshead radar
99% damage. Luftwaffe lost 128 planes. RAF lost 14. Total losses so far: Luftwaffe 821 RAF 195. Air
superiority at 5 and industrial damage at 2. Tough going.

Return to “After Action Reports”