War in the West has been officially updated to version 1.02.15!
This new version brings a lot of improvements and changes, but the changlog is very long so be sure to check it below.
You can download the update from here
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Enhanced map drawing routines, which should provide much faster rendering on big screens with zoomed out views (max number of art elements).
2. Improved unit movement animation speed (players may need to readjust ‘move animation speed’ preference item)
3. Improved performance of several game functions.
4. Recon of Sand/Desert should be like Clear terrain. Terrain now with easier detection: clear, sand, desert, water, ferry.
5. When adding air groups from National Reserve fighter bomber groups which trained as fighters will appear with -F.
6. When temporary ports are removed from the map, depots in the hex will be converted to a type 1 (rail) depot if in a rail hex, or will be disbanded if it’s not in a rail hex.
7. Improved code for the weapon set (load out) selection.
8. Editor. Added function to the scenario check utility to find location/airbase unit/airbase size mismatches (zero air base size setting and air base unit attached).
9. AI – Improved AI to eliminate some cases of the German AI making an illegal move of an isolated unit to safety.
10. Rules Clarification – Fort type units (no matter what size) may attach up to 3 support units.
1. AI running away in Westwall (and some other small scenarios). Fixed.
2. Removed ability to attach support units above the limit. Also fixed fort units so they can once again attach up to 3 support units as they did before 1.01.01.
3. Enemy losses are not reported on air directive summary screen. Fixed.
4. Air groups' air directive assignment can get cleared when loading a save. Fixed.
5. Display of isolated ports discrepancy. Non-phasing player's port appear isolated, although path can be trace through neutral water. Fixed.
6. Fixed interface live text popup appearance. Text should stay within active window.
7. Fixed Map live text popup shows on the battle detail window.
8. Fixed appearance of pure white pixels on the map tile art.
9. Fixed bug in the air directive code.
10. Fixed Air-Task crash bug.
11. Editor – Fixed airbase rebuild bugs and reworked the unit rebuild function.
12. Editor - Neutral location cannot change player. Fixed.
13. Editor - Location player pop-up lists Soviet. Changed to "W Allies".
14. Editor - Fixed map display bug when going to map from editor ("GO TO THE MAP" but-ton).
15. General code cleanup that among other things fixed several memory and resource leaks, sev-eral bad boundary accesses, and reduced memory usage.
16. Added extra protection to the AD code to avoid bad data access.
17. Destroyed Regimental Breakdowns won't recombine with Rest of Division. Fixed.
18. Logistical event log is getting full. Fixed.
19. Counters showing Zero Attack strength when no unit is selected in the stack. Fixed by en-forcing at least one unit selection.
20. Fixed unit selection when going to the unit detail screen from "Find Unit" dialog.
21. Fixed unit stack selection bug.
22. Admin Points and Motor Pool of Opponent Fleetingly Visible. Fixed.
23. Fixed air directive setup bug.
24. HQs can send more support help than unit need. Fixed.
25. Delayed withdrawing units can show withdrawing in negative turns in the rollover display. Fixed.
26. WitE2 Airfields becoming motorized (newly created or when switching nationality). Fixed.
27. PA and TB Aircraft Type not shown as Filter when selecting air units to assign to an airbase. Fixed.
When adding air groups form National Reserve (Reserve TB) fighter bomber groups which trained as fighters will appear with -F.
28. Game crashes during air execution run by AI. Fixed.
29. Disabled Axis Generic pilots display in CR.
30. German AI moved unit onto Allied unit. Fixed.
31. Fixed AI line forming bug.
32. Disabled debug message in the event log which can make it full and prevent info from being displayed.
33. Fixed potential for crash in the logistics phase when capture city with oil fields.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. Data changes to many data files involving ground units and aircraft (general info for these changes):
- Major review of production and usage of the Stuart/Chaffee light tank family and Sherman medium tank family
- Lots of changes to devices, Ground Elements and OBs, mostly minor changes to fix issues and/or to adapt to changes to Stuart/Chaffee/Sherman tank families
- disabled scrapping for some elements with a later usage
- increased imports of Italian tanks to Germany post-armistice
- adding HEAT ammunition to certain Italian and German guns
- German SP Flak with multiple-barrel 20mm or 37-40mm guns set to new "Medium SP Flak" type
- addition of improved German howitzers while slightly degrading older versions
- addition of improved Italian field gun
- addition of some mirror devices for Italian use, either named after Italian
- nomenclature or reduced in capabilities (no HVAP ammunition)
- small changes to Italian air unit organization
- cut German Fi 156 recon aircraft production in half - no real recon aircraft
- Review of factories, on-map factories preferred at historical size/locations, active off-map factories not always historically placed
2. A number of adjustments to German leaders.
3. Several replacement photographs.
4. Additional unit insignia art (thanks to Darojax).
5. A few tweaked air insignia that add a bit more variation to the Wilde Sau Gruppe and some better US Groups.
6. Changes to scenarios:
- rebuilt US tank/armored units to use either M3A1 or M5A1 Stuart but not M3A3
- rebuilt most allied tank/armored units to conform with changes made to Stuart/Chaffee/Sherman tanks
- Several allied tank/armored units set to special OB paths better suited to their organization changes
- fix some invalid gun types in German artillery units
- fixed some typos in unitnames
- added some missing German support units
- added some German training infantry divisions which will unlock during later stages of a campaign
- rebuilt some allied air HQ to proper size/type
- fixed a wrong depot type in Grosseto
- fixed several airbases with improper Luftwaffe special, motorization status or non-Auto MaxTOE
- Breakout & Pursuit – Expanded the map 5 hexes to the south. Also froze some Axis Atlantic Wall units for a longer duration. Refined first turn AI script.
- Westwall – New first turn AI script.
- GC 43 Addl Air HQs – There are now 40 Air Directives for Allied Turn 1. The number of Turns German Static Divisions are frozen that were recently added has been increased. Allied Aircraft Pool were trimmed. Most Reinforcing Air Groups arrive without aircraft.
- Pointblank Directive - All Rumanian Fighter units removed as Ploesti is out of range. I./JG-4 removed as it moved from Rumania to Italy which is out of Play.
Production usage was 100% for both Players.
Now it is 70% for Allied (30% to Med. Off-map)
German is 35% (60% East and 5% to the Med. Off-map)
Most Allied Air Reinforcements arrive without aircraft, so they Allied Player must be concerned with losses. Some German units arrive without aircraft and some have as I wanted to be careful as production will be fairly low.
- Weakest Link
Production was 100% for both Players
Now it is 100% for Allied as the Med. Is part of the Scenario.
German production is 40% (60% going East)
Hungarian (Axis Ally) is 100%
- In 1945 Campaign, Breaching the Gothic Line, Breakout & Pursuit 44, Bulge to the Rhine, Op Dragoon, and Westwall slight changes were made to German StuG and Sturm Artillery battalions.
< Message edited by Daniele -- 6/13/2018 12:17:15 PM >