(closed) Looking for very good to expert opponent GC1941 v1.10.00 or v1.11.01

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

EwaldvonKleist

(closed) Looking for very good to expert opponent GC1941 v1.10.00 or v1.11.01

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Looking for an opponent, I will leave the choice of the side to you. The inquiry is very detailed to avoid later misunderstandings or disappointments due unfulfilled expectations.

1)Game version 1.10.00 or 1.11.01 and VC290 GC file. I prefer 1.10.00, no matter what side I play. [1]
2)Full (hard) blizzard
3)no +1
4)No paradrops before 04.12.1941, no more than 2 during blizzard, the dropped units must not move on or next to a repaired rail hexagon
5)Game goes until the beginning of march 1942 by default, with an option to continue if both sides agree. Both sides should play as they would if they were going for the long run. [2]
6)Axis side must not use the supply/fuel stocks present in Axis infantry army HQs at the beginning for supplying motorised units if we play under 1.10.00, I consider it to be ok under 1.11.01
7)Axis side must drop fuel to an isolated motorised division and move it in the same turn (because there is no MP penalty for airdrops on isolated units)
8)AAR allowed (I will not write one initially)
9)Standard CV calculation
10)Non random weather
11)Server game
12) Player information: I have played several GCs vs humans now , if you are seriously interested in a game I can give you a listing. Judging the own skill level is always difficult (understating it is unfair and on the other hand you do not know what you don't know, so overestimating one's knowledge can easily happen). On the scale beginner-below average-average-good-very good-expert I think I am a very good Axis player and a good to very good Soviet player. I have no problem playing a better opponent, since it motivates one to give everything, makes the game more tense and you learn more this way. In my games I have usually exchanged game knowledge with my opponents liberally, and I would like to do this for that game as well, but it is no "must". I can play 1 turn a week (early to mid July it can drop to 1 turn/1 1/2 week as I have exams there), and I will not quit the game depending on how it plays out unless both sides agree. Of course, there is never a guarantee that RL does not interfere. Pauses due to vacations/heavy workload may happen, but I will keep you informed by E-Mail. I usually have time to play a turn on friday/saturday.
I am more the "complex chess" player type as compared to the "historical player", and I will not complain if you use creative tactics/strategies. When playing the Soviets, you should not have a problem with optimised openings (of course, there is always the possibility that I screw up or of bad RNG rolls). Communication can take place in German or English.
13) Who I am looking for: Very good to expert opponent (good opponent also welcome when playing you want to play Axis under 1.10.00), 1 turn per week on average (no problem if there is a pause because of vacation/heavy work load/family etc.), I will also do
14) I personally do not care much about victory conditions. If you like, we can define some. My personal goal is to make the most of my strengths and weaknesses as a player and play in a way that would either keep me Berlin as long as possible, or lead to a capture as soon as possible if the game goes over the long run.
15) I am happy to play a mirror game under the same conditions running at the same time.
16) There is a severe HQBU cheat that allows to make them for no AP cost. I am willing to trust you on this depending on how good I know you already from the forums. If playing as Axis, I am willing to agree making screenshots that show APs/CR of arm HQs/arm&mot units and their supply states at the beginning and end of every turn as well as making notes of my AP use (+more screenshots if you believe they are necessary). That should allow you to verify whether I play it fair.
17) A change to a new game version always requires the agreement of both sides.

[1] I personally prefer 1.10.00 because, having played under both versions, I like the game flow/balance better than in 1.11.01, while 1.11.00 is very pro Axis. Also note that beside the nerf of Axis logistics 1.10.00->1.11.01, there were also a few Axis buffs and some nerfs to the Soviet side, notably the starting OOB is a few 100k lower. Having multiple WitE versions running at the same time isn't difficult, I can help you with that if necessary.
[2] I like to have pre-defined points where each side can lay down the game, so no one has the feeling to be caught in an endless struggle he is not enjoying anymore. Prevents disappointment on both sides. That does not mean that, if well balanced, the game necessarily has to end there.

I hope that I haven't forgotten to list something :)

If you are interested, please post in this thread or PM/E-Mail me over the user page. Some points are negotiable, just talk to me.
EwaldvonKleist

RE: (closed) Looking for very good to expert opponent GC1941 v1.10.00 or v1.11.01

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Seems I have already found an opponent, thank you for reading :)

Return to “Opponents Wanted”