Interested in a game.

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Ridcully70

Interested in a game.

Post by Ridcully70 »

For the first time in my life I feel the urge to play a multi player game, and i've been playing computer games for 30+ years.

I feel comfortable enough with the ATG system by now, so I won't need game things explained to me, but I will probably need some guiding through the process of joining a multi player game.

Preference is for Medium or Large maps (XL just takes too long) and 3-5 players. I think a 2 player game would be a bad idea, since I have no idea how well I could perform against a human, I might be so bad that my opponent would find the game too easy, and thus too boring. At least with 3+ players the players could find a worthy opponent.

However if anyone does want a 2 player game and is willing to be patient I'm up for that too.
ernieschwitz

RE: Interested in a game.

Post by ernieschwitz »

I hope you find someone. I'd offer myself, but I have a lot of editing of a scenario/mod/game I building for the game.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Ridcully70

Post by Ridcully70 »

Okay, I'm willing to broaden my criteria, I'll play any map/ player size.

i don't have any of the mods btw, i just use the stock game.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Ridcully70

Okay, I'm willing to broaden my criteria, I'll play any map/ player size.

i don't have any of the mods btw, i just use the stock game.

I must admit that It's been literally years since I played the Stock game.

Don't get me wrong, it is pretty good, but it is just an example of what the engine is capable of. I think many people forget that the game is also marketed as a wargames construction set.

Mods can be anything from a New scenario using the rules of the Stock game (even steven scenarios that come with the game being good examples), to something more complex like Triumph of the Reich which is inspired by the stock game rules, but has its own rule set. To something even more complex, that almost doesn't resemble the stock game at all, except for the GUI.

If I was to play a game, with you, I think I would choose one of the Even Steven scenarios, but for lack of time... Have you looked into them btw?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Calliope

Post by Calliope »

If there is a random map game not larger than medium size, I will be in.
Also, I don't mind a 2 players game since the more people, the bigger size, and more chance that the game will never end.

Not any scenarios or mods interested. I am too tired to study the rules of each scenario which is necessary, and the rules of random map is the easiest way to go, cause I just want a simple game.
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

We used to have a lot of Multiplayer games here training games etc. If there is enough interest we will get one going Advanced Tactics Forum

Return to “Opponents Wanted”