Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Naval DP guns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese Naval DP guns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 6:25:18 AM   
Dili

I found strange the data in game because it makes the best DP gun in AA function the one that should be the worse:

12.7cm/50 effect 51 Ceiling 40000 rate of fire 5(IRL 5 sust. to 10) . this is mostly a naval gun with some AA capability, the mount was no good for AA, employed in destroyers stressed for naval combat. Some mounts were replaced by 25mm. Demonstrating obviously their bad performance.

12.7cm/40 effect 51 Ceiling 31000 rate of fire 5(IRL 8 sust. max 14) . this is common Japanese DP , no great but is prepared as a DP mount and that it is the main function with fire control certainly much better than the destroyer gun in AA.

10cm/65 effect 29 ceiling 42650 rate of fire 5(IRL 15 typical 21 max) . this is the most performing DP gun employed in special propose AA destroyers with propose build mounts and fire control , in the game the only advantage is a slight higher ceiling.

This information is available in Navweaps website. http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNJAP_Main.php

So what was the idea behind this decision? It certainly makes the decision of replacing the 3rd turret in Kageros and others dubious if the destroyer already have radar and a good number of 25mm.

Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 1:01:26 PM   
PaxMondo

This was discussed years ago, google search for it. Essentially, one of many Easter Eggs for the IJ. I have reclassed the 12.7/50 to Naval Gun in my mod. I know several others who have as well … alternatively you can lower the AA accuracy value substantially and potentially achieve a more accurate model. I was too lazy to test the values needed to achieve the reality of having to depress the gun to less than 10 degrees to load and then re-elevate to fire ….

Pax

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 1:59:10 PM   
Lowpe

This is a game, and quite frankly Japan has it real tough with respect to AA and to reduce it even further just plain hurts.

And why just stop with the AA, might as well get rid of all the other boosts the developers give Japan to balance the game. Talk to Hans, he will tell some of them!

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 6/12/2018 2:50:05 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 2:07:59 PM   
Lecivius

Balance, schmalance

Attachment (1)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 3:21:47 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

This is a game, and quite frankly Japan has it real tough with respect to AA and to reduce it even further just plain hurts.

And why just stop with the AA, might as well get rid of all the other boosts the developers give Japan to balance the game. Talk to Hans, he will tell some of them!

I'm happy to chime in on the subject of discriminatory game design practices at any time I'm needed.

Hans

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 3:54:49 PM   
Dili

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

This was discussed years ago, google search for it. Essentially, one of many Easter Eggs for the IJ. I have reclassed the 12.7/50 to Naval Gun in my mod. I know several others who have as well … alternatively you can lower the AA accuracy value substantially and potentially achieve a more accurate model. I was too lazy to test the values needed to achieve the reality of having to depress the gun to less than 10 degrees to load and then re-elevate to fire ….

Thanks Pax and others. Accuracy can't be much changed since it affects naval gun use. But ceiling can be drastically i think if below 10kft it ceases to be employable for high level AA - if allies came above that height initially.

< Message edited by Dili -- 6/12/2018 4:41:44 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 6:56:36 PM   
inqistor

Actually, if you use latest WitpLoadAE, to extract device file, you will see hidden column, which will be used separately during AA fire. You can have two values, for the same gun then. Not visible in editor, but I heard, it works.

But I recall, I have tested it years ago, and doubling accuracy, increased AA hit by about 30%.

< Message edited by inqistor -- 6/12/2018 6:58:35 PM >

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 7:58:41 PM   
Dili

Thanks inqistor, good to know, in fact i think have had read it but forgot.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/12/2018 8:17:20 PM   
pws1225

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I'm happy to chime in on the subject of discriminatory game design practices at any time I'm needed.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/13/2018 12:26:39 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Yup.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/13/2018 1:21:51 AM   
Anachro

quote:

Talk to Hans, he will tell some of them!

When Franklin stated there were only two certainties in life, he forgot to mention a third: Death, Taxes, and Hans chiming in on boosts to Japan.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 11
RE: Japanese Naval DP guns? - 6/13/2018 3:11:31 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

quote:

Talk to Hans, he will tell some of them!

When Franklin stated there were only two certainties in life, he forgot to mention a third: Death, Taxes, and Hans chiming in on boosts to Japan.

I think Hans prefers boots to Japan ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese Naval DP guns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI