Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft ranges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Aircraft ranges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft ranges - 6/9/2018 8:59:33 PM   
thedoctorking

In the Commander's Report, on the Equipment tab, aircraft ranges are listed in kilometers or miles. What is the relationship between that and hexes radius in game terms? Ten km/miles (no units specified) per hex? Or are there some modifiers I don't know about?

I guess I could open up a new game as the other side and look, but it would be handy to have the figures quoted in-game using game units...
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft ranges - 6/10/2018 1:40:24 PM   
Telemecus

Everything is in miles. There is already another thread from metric countries to complain.

Ten miles per hex- you can see that from the key in the top left corner of the map.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft ranges - 6/11/2018 4:23:52 AM   
thedoctorking

So a plane with 474 miles range would have a radius of 47.4? Or 23.7? Is it that simple a conversion?

Then why not list the radius in hexes instead of the miles range on the Commander's Report?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft ranges - 6/11/2018 7:09:44 AM   
morvael

For most missions range is divided by 30 to get radius in hexes (which includes flying there and back, as well as time on target, formation assembly etc), and that value is usually displayed as radius. Obviously for air transfer radius is longer.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft ranges - 6/11/2018 12:25:13 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael
that value is usually displayed as radius. Obviously for air transfer radius is longer.

If you use a staging base the range to target can be up to 1.5 times the radius.

Many thanks to Mamluke that the range for airtransfer is 3 times radius - as seems to be confirmed here.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft ranges - 6/11/2018 3:15:39 PM   
thedoctorking

Aha! Thanks, I knew it was something like that, happy to have it confirmed, thanks Moravel.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Aircraft ranges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI