Frozen Units

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

56ajax

Frozen Units

Post by 56ajax »

Is there any way to get your frozen units to unfreeze?

As I understand this will happen when a enemy unit comes within 3 hexes. Is this still the rule? When this happens the unit is typically isolated. (I think my opponent has read the rule book).

As I never get to use many of these units I am not sure why they are in the game.

And having a frozen airbase is ridiculous.
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
MarauderPL

RE: Frozen Units

Post by MarauderPL »

Some of them unfreeze at a given time (i.e. half of the transcaucasus front), the others are there just for decoration :)
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

Is there any way to get your frozen units to unfreeze?

Use the editor to make rational adjustments (fixes) to the scenario file. You'll need to send a copy of the revised scenario file(s) to your opponents.

Some frozen units are hard-wired by rules written into the script. You can unfreeze any axis ally in turn one of the campaign scenarios, but on turn two, original freeze settings for Finland, Hungary and Slovakia reset to original rules.

I think it is possible to write your own AI rules, instructions are in the editor manual.
Aufklärungs
56ajax

Post by 56ajax »

ORIGINAL: MarauderPL

Some of them unfreeze at a given time (i.e. half of the transcaucasus front), the others are there just for decoration :)
Not for decoration but to boost my opponents morale with an easy catch.

And as for frozen airbase, ok it cannot move but you can't even assign aircraft to it.
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”