Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any ETA on the new patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Any ETA on the new patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/4/2018 10:17:52 PM   
gliz2

Just curious as I read it would be out in June and I'm figuring out what to do with my FITE2 attempt
Post #: 1
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/4/2018 10:43:26 PM   
Shadrach

Where did you read it? I tried asking about a month (or two) ago and got no official reply.

They really need to be better at giving information.

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 2
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/5/2018 12:39:28 AM   
joey

I am curious. What needs to be patched? The game works fairly well for me.

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 3
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/5/2018 7:08:46 AM   
gliz2

It was posted by somebody on my FITE2 thread. Thought the new patch is a given thing.

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 4
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/6/2018 1:48:09 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

What needs to be patched?

There's a "new turn order rules" option to turn on and it doesn't effect gameplay at all yet.

fulkersonlarry60(at)gmail(dot)com

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 5
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/6/2018 5:48:19 PM   
joey

Larry, will this come out as a beta patch?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 6
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/6/2018 5:50:15 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: joey
Larry, will this come out as a beta patch?

Yeah, just like the first patch: ( 4.0.1.23 )

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 7
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/6/2018 7:06:19 PM   
Telumar

I still wonder.. will the ranged hexes bug be fixed?
I posted it here on the main forum several months ago, but i got no feedback from anyone of the dev team..

Post #: 8
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/6/2018 8:35:40 PM   
76mm

Another thing that is apparently not finished, according to the manual and some posts I've seen here, is that the Force Editor is supposed to be upgraded, or its functions absorbed into the Deployment Editor, or sumfink.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 9
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/6/2018 10:43:36 PM   
rocketboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: joey

I am curious. What needs to be patched? The game works fairly well for me.

I get CTD when scrolling the Combat Report (click-hold-drag) and I'm quite disturbed by how the map breaks apart under the panels when scrolling. And this is even on a high end computer and small map. Never had that in TOAW III. One thing that might not be patched, but I find the design in some scenarios with having the same background color of counters for both sides annoying, like in Iwo Jima (Green for both US and Japanese).

aka rocketman elsewhere

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 10
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/7/2018 2:49:30 PM   
gliz2

1. Fixing the unit movement which is now painstakingly slow. I know there is a spacebar trick but honestly it should be programmable.

2. Bring back the unit counters customization like in TAOW3.

3. Some better unit overview panels where nice graphic could be used (like a relevant equip icon).

(in reply to rocketboy)
Post #: 11
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/7/2018 7:06:14 PM   
Cabido

quote:

ORIGINAL: gliz2

1. Fixing the unit movement which is now painstakingly slow. I know there is a spacebar trick but honestly it should be programmable.

3. Some better unit overview panels where nice graphic could be used (like a relevant equip icon).

1. You can adjust speed on player options. Also, just turn on caps lock and the movement will be instantaneous.

2. Aren't they customizable anymore? There is a thread with customized icons in the mods subfolder.

3. I think the possibility for the designer to add some pictures would be great to create atmosphere. Mainly an event to bring a panel (like the news panel) immediately after an action/fact takes place with text and pictures, so one could bring historical facts and pictures of a city after its capture, for instance; moving a known naval unit for the first time could bring a panel with its specifications and history; occupying a location which activates a "game influencing" event could bring the facts and pictures related to the event, etc.

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 12
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/7/2018 10:25:49 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabido

quote:

1. You can adjust speed on player options. Also, just turn on caps lock and the movement will be instantaneous.

2. Aren't they customizable anymore? There is a thread with customized icons in the mods subfolder.

3. I think the possibility for the designer to add some pictures would be great to create atmosphere. Mainly an event to bring a panel (like the news panel) immediately after an action/fact takes place with text and pictures, so one could bring historical facts and pictures of a city after its capture, for instance; moving a known naval unit for the first time could bring a panel with its specifications and history; occupying a location which activates a "game influencing" event could bring the facts and pictures related to the event, etc.

I decided I wanted the faster game to be a permanent feature that I wouldn't have to manually apply everytime I wanted it to go faster. Here's the setting I tried to make it go faster and it did.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Cabido)
Post #: 13
RE: Any ETA on the new patch? - 6/8/2018 7:42:35 PM   
BigDuke66

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabido
quote:

Not really, yes you can do some things even better than in TOAWIII like combining icons to get features from both icons, but currently all scenarios would have to be reworked to get the colors right and get the icons not only right but also the features that the designer wanted.
The scenario that I had intended to start playing TOAWIV with is a good example, the designer made custom icons for corps HQs but the icon uses was a supply icon, at this point all hope for any user to rework the scenario is stopped because he doesn't know if the possible combination of icons(HQ & supply) should be used here or not, not to speak of the fact that one can't customize the icon like it was as there or not enough icon slots.The counter set is not only very small but applies to both sides, if taking out the icons with features there are very few icons that one could customize, what is overall not nearly enough for highly customized scenarios.

Long talk short sense, most ambitious don't work and one can only fall back to TOAWIII to play them like the designer intended them, if this isn't the number 1 to fix I really don't know what else it could be.

Please add your comments here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4410097
maybe it helps to get this serious problem it solved.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Any ETA on the new patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI