Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German Security Armies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> German Security Armies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German Security Armies - 5/31/2018 10:33:26 PM   
Ktonos

I've read in various threads that advise to disband the Armies used for German sec divisions and attach the divisions to their respective army groups or even OKH. Doesn't it make better sense to not disband those and use them as extra frontline armies to take some of the load off the rest? One could go to AGC and two to AGS.
Post #: 1
RE: German Security Armies - 5/31/2018 11:59:34 PM   
thedoctorking

I've been using them as ad hoc rail repair guys but this sounds like an excellent idea. Anybody know if they can have regular units assigned to them, or only Security units?

(in reply to Ktonos)
Post #: 2
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 1:07:16 AM   
Ktonos

No they sure can. I remember in my vs the AI game I did so. I just wonder if there is an ill effect cause everyone seems to suggest to disband them.

---------
Or I remember it wrong... I seem to be able to only attach divisions, not korps.

< Message edited by Ktonos -- 6/1/2018 1:41:10 AM >

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 3
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 11:27:42 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

Last time I tested it RHG commands did not accept non-security units (even though they have non-security units attached in some scenarios).

(in reply to Ktonos)
Post #: 4
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 12:44:10 PM   
Telemecus

You can put non-divisional combat units (e.g. French volunteer regiment, Gross Deutschland regiment) and cavalry units (e.g. 1st cavalry division) as well as security units. So you can make a decent combat army of one at least. Also the Slovak security division is more of a combat unit anyway, but can be assigned to an RHG. You can also have combat divisions assigned if they are first assigned as independent combat regiments and then upgrade while still assigned (e.g. 1st Rumanian Fort Brigade which becomes a combat infantry division, Gross Deutschland division etc).

The RHGs can no longer be disbanded by a version change. They can also act as holders of construction SUs for rail repair, flak for anti air etc. But do not be afraid to put their ToE to 50% if not useful.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 6/1/2018 12:45:21 PM >

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 5
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 12:58:05 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Good to know.
If it weren't this way, you could assign Model to the army so his inf/mrl 9 is applied to 15 units not just 5, great for late war defense.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 6
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 1:18:51 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

Good to know.
If it weren't this way, you could assign Model to the army so his inf/mrl 9 is applied to 15 units not just 5, great for late war defense.

Although presumably you could do that for any army if you just reassign units there to the army HQ? The Germans fighting with no corps just like the Soviets is a tactic that has been tried before ...

Certainly if you use RHG commands for combat then you would want a better leader. I use the cavalry or regiments as a second line of reserve activators or diggers in an RHG. And I even use the security units in battles not because of their CV but because of the SUs they can add to a battle with another HQ. So I would prefer an RHG leader to have relatively higher initiative and admin.

Post #: 7
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 1:30:47 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

True, but there are CV and leader roll penalties for units directly attached to non-RHG army HQs, so it is not worth it.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 1:35:39 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

True, but there are CV and leader roll penalties for units directly attached to non-RHG army HQs, so it is not worth it.

I thought they also applied to RHG armies?

Post #: 9
RE: German Security Armies - 6/1/2018 1:48:08 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

No direct CV penalty (at least for sec units), not sure about leader rolls

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 10
RE: German Security Armies - 11/9/2018 8:25:03 PM   
terry1040

I use them exclusively for rear guard action. Min. Garisson in cities to reduce partisan activity. And of course rail repair support as needed.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> German Security Armies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI