AA guns for Anti tank?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

AA guns for Anti tank?

Post by Dili »

Should be DP type for them to work like that?
BBfanboy

RE: AA guns for Anti tank?

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Should be DP type for them to work like that?
Like the German's 88 Flak, the DP AA guns have the velocity to knock out tanks, but they need different ammo to do so. I am not sure the Japanese had both types of ammo, so their anti-armour rating may be too low for the thickness of armour on Allied tanks. AFAIK, the DP guns in game only fire at aircraft and ships (during amphib landings).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Dili

Post by Dili »

Yeah but i am building a Med scenario so the German 88 appears. So in your opinion DP guns don't do land combat?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Of course they can.  How "artillery" operates in AE was explained in great detail to you 2 years ago in the modders sub forum.

Alfred 
Rafid

Post by Rafid »

Edit: I wrote junk, because I misread the title, sorry!
Dili

Post by Dili »

Thanks. I usually save the useful topics because search here is problematic but had nothing in my files so i thought there wasn't anything, but i recalled something when Alfred pointed out, so i have now found the topic that Alfred says: It is here for anyone fb.asp?m=4107641&

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”