Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 - 5/18/2018 10:00:10 PM   
kevinkin

Many thanks to RWReese for testing and consultations. Please PM me with test results. Full Description:

Date/Time: May/June 2018
Playable Sides: Japan (elements of the JSDF)
Note: Only the Base Game is required.
Description:
Japan and Russia never signed a peace agreement to end World War II disputing which nation is the true owner of four islands north of Japan’s Hokkaido Island – the Kurils. Soviet forces took the islands in the closing days of the war shortly before Japan’s surrender. The Russian government recently approved a plan to militarize an airfield on one of the four islands allowing their armed forces to use the old civilian strip. The Russia’s have already sent anti-ship and SAMs to the islands and Moscow ultimately plans to build a naval base on the Island chain. Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev approved the deployment of Russian warplanes to the island on February 2, 2018. Russia also announced plans to station unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) on the islands as well to upgrading the island’s defenses that includes assigning a tank battalion on a permanent basis, positioning Pantsir, Tor, and Buk mobile defense systems, while providing infrastructure for the S-400 system to be deployed there in times of crisis. Overnight, US intelligence informed Japan that elements of an S-400 Division were in route to the islands via Vladivostok. It is not clear if this is by water or air. But what is clear is that Japan’s Defense minister, Itsunori Onodera, called Washington and said “Enough is a Enough”. In direct violation of the Japanese Constitution, Japan will conduct its first offensive action since WWII.

This is a relatively small quick to play scenario. Several more like that are on the way.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kevinkin -- 5/19/2018 3:14:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 - 5/19/2018 8:54:46 AM   
AlexGGGG

The scenario title says Enough is a Enough, at least in the scenario description.

(in reply to kevinkin)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 - 5/19/2018 4:25:36 PM   
kevinkin

Thanks ... the "a" will be edited out.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 - 5/19/2018 9:07:38 PM   
AlexGGGG

1. Time is a little tight for my liking, but then maybe just fine because I finished with 4 hours remaining, and 4 hours is not too much of a slack.

2. As usual, I complain about not having any fish. Where there are submarines, there must be some fish because otherwise I just throw an ASROC or whatever in general direction of any underwater contact without any risk of running out of ASROCs.
Additional hint is to have slow submarines. If something moves underwater at 20 kts before I even shot at it, I get suspicion it's no fish.

3. Scoring might be too easy. I scored 325 Triumph for my first attempt. However, I micromanaged everything, including manually assigning missiles during ASM intercepts.

All in all, this is a very very nice small scenario. It is just the size I like, small enough for me to be able to micormanage, and complicated enough to be a jolly good puzzle. Thank you.

(in reply to kevinkin)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 - 5/20/2018 4:29:07 AM   
kevinkin

Thanks for the test ... I have some ideas for a Japanese sub or two. They just came up toward the end of the "alpha" development. They will be in the Community pack version along with some other surprises. Sometimes you just have to post what you have and get that precious feedback.

Kevin

< Message edited by kevinkin -- 5/20/2018 4:30:30 AM >

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing - Enough is Enough 2018 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI