Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Offensive Operations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Offensive Operations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Offensive Operations - 5/16/2018 1:16:43 PM   
Comrade Pacman

Greetings Tovarischi and Kameraden.

I am currently at turn 103 as the USSR, have held the Germans out of all major areas and the time has come to push back. Question is how

I have noticed that on the defensive the Germans are just unbelievably resilient to offensives. And I take enormous losses unless I attack weak areas which are usually insignificant.

I am still learning the nuances of the game. But I have been mainly using the simple axiom of more men and tanks. I haven't made much use of support divisions.

Do you guys have any tips for breakthrough ops as Reds?

Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Offensive Operations - 5/16/2018 9:15:20 PM   
Djouk

Nice job Kamarade. According to me you should attack with infantry corps at place of infantry divisions. So you can mass more men on a single hex to attack. Try to attack from multiple hex this target hex.

In rear you should put some regiments in reserve to add to the attack if your commanders need them. Survey fatigue before each offensive, prepare second line to relieve first wave... Sometimes you will need to prepare 2 or 3 assaults
on a single hex to take it in one turn. Launch first attack with veterans, second with average, third with noobs, they will do the job against over tired enemy.

If you want to break the wall launch armor/mechanized in last offensives of a turn, this will take time until you can really go deep to chase HQs to break help of support units, so be cautious with them.

Try to use many sappers and artillery. Never attack strongest positions, always bypass them. You should watch how soviet managed their army in the campaign 44/45 scenario.

So if you have so much artillery you can build artillery counters. This is not the perfect method but this should help.

< Message edited by Djouk -- 5/16/2018 9:36:47 PM >

(in reply to Comrade Pacman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Offensive Operations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI