Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ground unit withdrawal question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ground unit withdrawal question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 6:43:38 PM   
IdahoNYer

Heading into uncharted waters as our PBEM is moving towards 1944 and as the Allies, I'm wondering what happens to the devices of ground units that are withdrawn?

Do they go back into the pools? Specifically I'm wondering about upcoming Chinese units where it will really matter, but guess it really applies across the board.
Post #: 1
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 6:50:05 PM   
BillBrown

If they just withdraw everything goes to the pools. If they withdraw out of theater, then no devices go to the pools.

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 2
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 6:52:14 PM   
btd64

Bill, beat me to the punch, again....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TotS-Alpha Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 3
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 7:01:16 PM   
IdahoNYer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

If they just withdraw everything goes to the pools. If they withdraw out of theater, then no devices go to the pools.

Thanks Bill - until your post, I thought ALL ground units withdraw "Out of Theater". Still learning....amazing...

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 4
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 7:21:54 PM   
AW1Steve

While we are talking about withdrawals and devices vice pools.....I know how to withdraw or disband US (San Francisco) , OZ (Sydney) Kiwi (Wellington) and Indian (Deli). What about British? ,And China? Where do I need to send them to disband? Thanks in advance!

VP-92 sig banner

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 5
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 8:03:53 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

While we are talking about withdrawals and devices vice pools.....I know how to withdraw or disband US (San Francisco) , OZ (Sydney) Kiwi (Wellington) and Indian (Deli). What about British? ,And China? Where do I need to send them to disband? Thanks in advance!

Tokyo?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 6
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/15/2018 11:58:02 PM   
BillBrown

quote:

Steve, you are talking about a different thing. The OP was asking about what happens to to devices of units that are to be withdrawn. They will withdraw from where ever they are. You are asking about withdrawing a unit that is not scheduled for withdrawal. I will point you to this thread where michaelm discusses this: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3976041&mpage=1&key=national�

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 7
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/17/2018 6:05:08 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

quote:

Steve, you are talking about a different thing. The OP was asking about what happens to to devices of units that are to be withdrawn. They will withdraw from where ever they are. You are asking about withdrawing a unit that is not scheduled for withdrawal. I will point you to this thread where michaelm discusses this: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3976041&mpage=1&key=national�

Thanks Bill. That wasn't my question, but thanks for trying. I'll find out the answer on a more appropriate thread.

VP-92 sig banner

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 8
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/17/2018 8:21:32 PM   
JeffroK

Steve,
For a plotted LCU to withdraw you dont have to be anywhere in particular, the game will withdraw the LCU automatically.

The locations you mention only relate to Ships, which can also be withdrawn from any L9 port.

As for LCU's and where do their devices go, I wasnt aware of an in game difference, though it makes sense to differentiate between the US Army Divisions sent to the ETO and the Australian units disbanded to provide manpower for industry.

Someone else will need to clarify this bit.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 9
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/17/2018 9:57:07 PM   
BillBrown

error, error, error

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 5/17/2018 9:58:16 PM >

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 10
RE: Ground unit withdrawal question - 5/18/2018 9:52:32 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

British can be disbanded in Delhi IIRC. Definitely not Karachi or Aden. I did disband some in my games.
Chinese should be disbandable in Chungking. But given that most of them are theater locked and hence not disbandable, and those not locked you better march to India ASAP to fill out there, there is no need to disband Chinese units at all.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ground unit withdrawal question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI