Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

China - What have you done here as a modder?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> China - What have you done here as a modder? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
China - What have you done here as a modder? - 5/15/2018 5:49:48 PM   
ny59giants_MatrixForum

I'm currently playing BTS and recently undertook the PBEM game in which Portland, Oregon is captured in mid-Jan '42. One is based on DBB while the second is a stock game (Scen 1). John 3rd and I have done some tweaking in China by increasing garrison requirements for both sides. I've increased Chinese non-infantry devices by 50 to 100% along with increase supplies to help the Chinese.

However, China is in deep trouble in very early March '42. What changes have you done in this theater to make the war more static and a stalemate like it actually was?

There seems to be significant differences in what China has from stock to DBB.

< Message edited by ny59giants_MatrixForum -- 5/15/2018 5:50:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: China - What have you done here as a modder? - 5/15/2018 6:12:06 PM   
durnedwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum

I'm currently playing BTS and recently undertook the PBEM game in which Portland, Oregon is captured in mid-Jan '42. One is based on DBB while the second is a stock game (Scen 1). John 3rd and I have done some tweaking in China by increasing garrison requirements for both sides. I've increased Chinese non-infantry devices by 50 to 100% along with increase supplies to help the Chinese.

However, China is in deep trouble in very early March '42. What changes have you done in this theater to make the war more static and a stalemate like it actually was?

Hi ny59giants_MatrixForum. I've seen several discussions regarding combat in China. Since everyone seems to pay political points to move units from Manchuko to China, maybe you could just change a couple of armies on the China side to the Manchuko theater, creating a delay through the mechanism of paying political points?

Another option might be to change the arrival date of Japanese armies assigned to China so they fall over the span of 1942-43.

A third option might be to start many of the Japanese armies stationed in China at a reduced strength (Maybe 50% strength?). Japan would have to spend time building up their assault forces in order to advance.

And a forth option might be to reduce the experience level of some of the armies in China. In this case I think the Japanese player would see increased casualties to their armies.

Bye for now,

DW

(in reply to ny59giants_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
RE: China - What have you done here as a modder? - 5/15/2018 10:02:03 PM   
inqistor

It seems lend-lease equipment numbers are lacking, in comparison to historical deliveries. Also, Chinese had quite good German artillery, and not this crap they have in-game. I have also found, that they used their own version of knee mortars, so firepower is probably too low. All that should increase Japanese loses, but I doubt, that will change outcome much.

Recently, I was thinking, about seriously reducing number of Support Devices in Chinese combat units, so they won't use so much supply. Consider, that their logistics is placed in all those HQs, and Corps are made mostly from frontline troops. But that shouldn't make much difference in comparison with extra supply generation.

So, the only logical solution would be to reduce initial disablement (increasing Japanese one, wouldn't change much, as they can repair this in two weeks anyway).

Post #: 3
RE: China - What have you done here as a modder? - 5/15/2018 10:15:41 PM   
Falken

Hi..

Have you ever chatted with Brian, the modder for B-MOD. You might want to take a look at what he has done, or even contact Brian for his thoughts.

Just an idea..

Dave...

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 4
RE: China - What have you done here as a modder? - 5/16/2018 3:29:52 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum

If you want to see very detailed China "modding", check into El Cid's RHS mod..

He is the pro with all things China related.
many decades ago, I was part of that so-called "cult of intelligence" and the info he has provided ref WW2 has been verified by some of my old (and still living) friends.

He got my attention maybe 9 years ago when I noticed he had included a "mock battleship" at Bombay India (which I had never even knew existed!)
His mod includes the planes of the so-called "International Squadron".
(If you are not familiar with them...you may also be unaware of the hundreds of other China details he has put in the game, from economy to map accuracy...?)

Post #: 5
RE: China - What have you done here as a modder? - 5/17/2018 12:37:24 AM   
DOCUP

I am early in a PBEM right now with my changes to China. So take this with a grain of salt.

China:
I decreased disablements for several units across the map. Increased daily supply by 300 or 400 a day. I changed the 200th back into an armored division.

I didn't really touch the Japanese side.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> China - What have you done here as a modder? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI