Problem Launching game in Steam

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

pearley

Problem Launching game in Steam

Post by pearley »

When I try to run the game I get the message :- CW2.exe has stopped working.

I now have this problem with all my ageod games whether launched through steam or not.

Any ideas ?

I attach my DXDIAG file

I have tried updating sound driver, graphic driver, verifying integrity of game files, uninstalling/re-installing games with no joy so far.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(24.88 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
zakblood

RE: Problem Launching game in Steam

Post by zakblood »

No sound card was found

Card name: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

Display Memory: 1695 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1631 MB

Driver Date/Size: 10/16/2010 old

in short you have next to nothing installed or up to date, without which, the games won't play

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
pearley

Post by pearley »

OK thanks I thought it was a sound issue.

Problem is when I go into my system it says the sound card is both working and up to date !
pearley

Post by pearley »

Ok Zakblood so if I were to upgrade my pc (which I was planning to do anyway within next couple of months) the problem would be resolved ?

Out of curiosity, why do the games require sound to run ? Why do they not just run silently ?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no, it's not so easy as that, lets say or compare with a car, as it makes it easier,

if you have a 10 year old car, putting on new wheels won't make it go any better, like adding gas, it makes it work, but not a lot better, as it's 10 years old etc,

so for me, if you wish to play games, once a pc has got to a given age, it needs putting out to pasture imo, so let it be a pure net pc, so goes online as while it works, it's about all it's good for now tbh,

so what i'd do, is go out and buy a new one, not parts for the one you have, it will be cheaper in the long run, and will work.

regarding sound, it's a pre requite for almost all games, while turning sound off once installed and working is fine, most need the presence of a sound card or chipset to work in the first place
pearley

Post by pearley »

ok yes what I meant was planning on getting a completely new pc !

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I do appreciate you guys taking the time to help us less tech savvy !

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

np if you need any help on a pc spec, just post on what your looking at and i'll offer some advice on what your after or what's best between a few links / examples etc

Return to “Civil War II”