expanding on logistics tech

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

bullet911

expanding on logistics tech

Post by bullet911 »

currently this tech increases HQ and transports build limits by 1 each level, would it make it more realistic to apply it to other units aswell such as garrisons/corps/armys/fighters/bombers/tanks etc etc
not necessarily by increasing +1 per level, the amount of increase would depend on what unit
at the moment (could be wrong) I believe its possible for any nation to max out any unit (excluding HQ's) it choose to at the start of the war
KorutZelva

RE: expanding on logistics tech

Post by KorutZelva »

I like the idea of the ability to maintain more units as the wartime economy is expanded. So maybe on the industrial tech instead?

bullet911

Post by bullet911 »

Think it would work with either, would also have an impact on the mass air in africa issue i think too, this is applicable to both axis and allies
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Certainly is something that can be realistically done [and has been done in some mods]. Keep in mind that an increase for any level will be an increase for all levels. The only way to limit that would be to limit the number of levels. Also, not all of the techs allow for such a thing [but this can also be modded [:)] ].
bullet911

Post by bullet911 »

this is just an example of what I was thinking, using the germans production max build limits
industry or logistic level 1
garrison 6
corps 4
army 3
mechanized 1
tank 1
fighter 1
tac bomber 1

industry or logistic level 2
garrison 12
corps 7
army 6
mechanized 2
tank 2
fighter 2
tac bomber 2

industry or logistic level 3
garrison 18
corps 10
army 8
mechanized 3
tank 3
fighter 3
tac bomber 3

and so forth until level 5 is reached and then it would be the same build limits as what they are currently
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

I'd leave non-mechanized infantry units out based of the fact they don't require as much in terms of complex vehicle. It is more a function of manpower than industrial base for those. :0)
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I'm wondering are people able to max out the build limits on Germany units? I've never done that in any category except for medium tanks. But I did max out every unit type in all the Axis minors including Spain so they could defend themselves so maybe that prevented me from keeping up with German production.
LordOfPants

Post by LordOfPants »

I'm wondering are people able to max out the build limits on Germany units? I've never done that in any category except for medium tanks. But I did max out every unit type in all the Axis minors including Spain so they could defend themselves so maybe that prevented me from keeping up with German production.

Typically I max out tanks, tactical bombers, and fighters in 1940 before DAK forms, since that means the DAK units are actually in excess of the limit. I'll also usually build all of my paratroopers, special forces, engineers, and artillery. I don't max infantry armies or corps until the game is really over.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

ORIGINAL: LordOfPants

Typically I max out tanks, tactical bombers, and fighters in 1940 before DAK forms, since that means the DAK units are actually in excess of the limit. I'll also usually build all of my paratroopers, special forces, engineers, and artillery. I don't max infantry armies or corps until the game is really over.

Okay. I also maxed engineers and special forces cause they are limited to only 1 & 2 respectively. I should probably max out the planes like you did cause they are so good to have. I wish we could make up to 5 engineers to make forts and stuff to help Germany in the endgame (and then must make forts have a dollar cost too like 10 or 20 dollars per section maybe to offset more being built)

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”