Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you think this is fun?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Do you think this is fun? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you think this is fun? - 7/18/2018 4:42:28 PM   
fuselex

yes - a royal pain in the butt you are .
But only if you class a royal pain in the butt as someone who points out issues in a game to
improve that game.
As big ivan said your comments and observations are nothing short of outstanding.

And once again as big ivan said

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 31
RE: Do you think this is fun? - 7/19/2018 10:36:53 AM   
Gerry4321

Wondering if the routine to calculate firing in the Movement Segment is also being accidentally used in the Defensive Fire Segment? That would explain it not firing in the latter maybe?

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 32
RE: Do you think this is fun? - 7/19/2018 11:42:11 AM   
UP844

I made another quick test (see image) moving five German squads in different terrains, with TEMs ranging from +3 (stone building, Assault Move) to -2 (Open Ground, non-Assault Movement, a.k.a. suicidal charge).

I carried out a first series of tests (5 games) with 5 US 1st Line squads (FP = 6), then I replaced them with HS (FP = 3). The US units fired 50 times out of 50, firing First Fire and Final Fire (except in Open Ground Terrain, where they could only fire once).

The AI appears to be more than willing to fire in the enemy Movement Segment (as long as the target is within the normal range of the firing units), so I think the occasional failure to fire is due to some glitch: unfortunately, without a save game to analyse, I suspect solving the issue is an impossible task.

I'll start saving before every Movement Segment, in the hope of incurring in some less-than-willing AI units .

Attachment (1)

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Do you think this is fun? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI