Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guards Avalanche

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Guards Avalanche Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guards Avalanche - 5/10/2018 3:51:42 AM   
Simon Edmonds

Hello. Its my first time on here and hopefully in am in Tech support. I have been playing the game on the latest update. On turn 83 the AI Soviets have a couple of dozen guards units. Having played a very defensive game they have had virtually no wins to rack up the victory points to create them. Then on turn 84 after two unsuccessful attacks by them they have well over a hundred. Is this a program glitch?
Simon Edmonds
Post #: 1
RE: Guards Avalanche - 5/10/2018 4:56:09 AM   
Joneleth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simon Edmonds

Hello. Its my first time on here and hopefully in am in Tech support. I have been playing the game on the latest update. On turn 83 the AI Soviets have a couple of dozen guards units. Having played a very defensive game they have had virtually no wins to rack up the victory points to create them. Then on turn 84 after two unsuccessful attacks by them they have well over a hundred. Is this a program glitch?
Simon Edmonds

Im fairly certain free guards is one of the advantages AI gets.

(in reply to Simon Edmonds)
Post #: 2
RE: Guards Avalanche - 5/10/2018 9:18:21 PM   
Aufklaerungs

Always keep as many Soviet HQ units on the run as you can. You should try pocketing as many as you can and leave them pocketed for as many turns as possible (Officer Stalag). Some soviet players won't allow, but the AI won't bitch. Try to target as many Army/Front HQs to pocket or manhandle. When you can't surround them, you can at least disrupt them by forcing them to relocate (displace). AI will always move them to his nearest city under Soviet control. Combat units subordinate to a displaced HQ suffer significant reductions in CV during combat when you force their HQ to retreat beyond their command/support range. You cause degradation (attrition) and often destruction of his support units. You cause maximum attrition, morale loss and unit destruction (SUs not the HQ Units) when he has to cross hexes that you control. There is a chance to destroy HQ units if he has to displace over nine or more contiguous hexes that you control. Soviet HQs must be supplied, have relatively good morale and a boatload of admin points to create all those new guards units. No doubt the AI has been banking his Admin Points over his his last 82 turns so he can demoralize you when the time is right. When you're ready to use FOW, you won't know about the new units he is generating until your recon resources detect them.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to Simon Edmonds)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Guards Avalanche Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI