Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some serious questions.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Some serious questions. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some serious questions. - 5/8/2018 8:49:22 PM   
aml1vil

Has anyone actually paratrooped into enemy territory? Can you paratroop unto a Finnish friendly unit? Is there ANY way to control the German AI controlled railroad rebuilding units so they actually do some good? One turn a HQ unit will generate a RR rebuild, the next turn it's gone. Or the AI units will repair RR in the marshes forever which is worse than useless. Is there an updated manual available for 1.11.00 without having to piece together two manuals, some updates and bits and pieces of errata? Thanks. Even though I've gotten much better at this game I still feel that I've got a lot to learn.
Post #: 1
RE: Some serious questions. - 5/9/2018 2:50:18 AM   
thedoctorking

1. Yes. there's a thread somewhere about how to do it. It involves black magic. Your pets should be nervous
2. The best way to do this is to assign them to a corps HQ. They will only build within that HQ's range (of 5). There has been a suggestion that you could use the German RHG security HQ's as homes for rail repair construction units.
3. Nope, sorry, no updated manual. Think of it as a feature, not a bug. You have the same trouble learning how to wage modern warfare as the actual generals did.

(in reply to aml1vil)
Post #: 2
RE: Some serious questions. - 5/9/2018 3:27:42 AM   
aml1vil

A tip 'o de hat to you! Never thought of assigning them to the security units. I've tried that 10 step process a few times and never can make it work to paradrop on/near the advanced Finnish troops north of the port of Sviritsa. A complete manual would be nice so you could remember, for example, what are the penalties for meching up some troops to follow the panzers a bit more quickly without resorting to looking through boo-coo manuals.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Some serious questions. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI