Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Emergency HQ supply bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Emergency HQ supply bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emergency HQ supply bug - 5/8/2018 1:08:29 PM   
Majorball68

Allied player is not given option to use emergency supply with Alexander in Frederikshavn prior to Axis ground strike rolls thus unable to fly aircraft to intercept if Axis try to GS the circled hex. However if Axis attempt to ground strike the Alexander or other coastal hexes in Denmark the CVP in the North Sea triggers the Allied Ground Strike intercept window which then allows Alexander to resupply aircraft to use for interception. Its just that I don't want to intercept anywhere else except the circled hex hence and the game defaults direct to ground strike rolls when I attempt to do so. There should be a trigger for emergency supply in the case of no supplied air units being availabe to trigger the GS intercept window. Save is in 2nd message, just fly aircraft to recreate.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Emergency HQ supply bug - 5/8/2018 1:10:17 PM   
Majorball68

Save file 2.7.1

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 2
RE: Emergency HQ supply bug - 5/8/2018 9:27:29 PM   
Centuur

You are of course right with this. The optional rule "emergency HQ supply" isn't totally coded at this moment...

Peter

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 3
RE: Emergency HQ supply bug - 5/16/2018 3:46:07 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

You are of course right with this. The optional rule "emergency HQ supply" isn't totally coded at this moment...

Well, it is coded, ...

The difficulty is that players will not want to see a prompt about using emergency supply before every air mission, etc. That would require a lot of unnecessary mouse clicking. So the problem is how to enable the feature at all the possible times that the player might want to use it, without making a ton of annoying prompt messages appear.

I'll see if I can figure out a solution for this case, since I have a specific saved game to mess around with.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 4
RE: Emergency HQ supply bug - 5/16/2018 12:08:16 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Well, it is coded, ...

The difficulty is that players will not want to see a prompt about using emergency supply before every air mission, etc. That would require a lot of unnecessary mouse clicking. So the problem is how to enable the feature at all the possible times that the player might want to use it, without making a ton of annoying prompt messages appear.

I'll see if I can figure out a solution for this case, since I have a specific saved game to mess around with.

It's just my two cents, but what if you would be able to right click on an organised HQ during any phase where you can fly planes or sail ships and can use the units menu to get emergency HQ supply? Is that feasable?

Peter

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: Emergency HQ supply bug - 5/16/2018 3:26:53 PM   
Courtenay

quote:

It's just my two cents, but what if you would be able to right click on an organised HQ during any phase where you can fly planes or sail ships and can use the units menu to get emergency HQ supply? Is that feasable?

Looks like a good idea to me.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Emergency HQ supply bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI