Emergency HQ supply bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Majorball68

Emergency HQ supply bug

Post by Majorball68 »

Allied player is not given option to use emergency supply with Alexander in Frederikshavn prior to Axis ground strike rolls thus unable to fly aircraft to intercept if Axis try to GS the circled hex. However if Axis attempt to ground strike the Alexander or other coastal hexes in Denmark the CVP in the North Sea triggers the Allied Ground Strike intercept window which then allows Alexander to resupply aircraft to use for interception. Its just that I don't want to intercept anywhere else except the circled hex hence and the game defaults direct to ground strike rolls when I attempt to do so. There should be a trigger for emergency supply in the case of no supplied air units being availabe to trigger the GS intercept window. Save is in 2nd message, just fly aircraft to recreate.

Attachments
Emergencysupply.jpg
Emergencysupply.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 116 times
Majorball68

RE: Emergency HQ supply bug

Post by Majorball68 »

Save file 2.7.1
Attachments
Emergencysupplybug.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

You are of course right with this. The optional rule "emergency HQ supply" isn't totally coded at this moment...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

You are of course right with this. The optional rule "emergency HQ supply" isn't totally coded at this moment...
Well, it is coded, ...

The difficulty is that players will not want to see a prompt about using emergency supply before every air mission, etc. That would require a lot of unnecessary mouse clicking. So the problem is how to enable the feature at all the possible times that the player might want to use it, without making a ton of annoying prompt messages appear.

I'll see if I can figure out a solution for this case, since I have a specific saved game to mess around with.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Well, it is coded, ...

The difficulty is that players will not want to see a prompt about using emergency supply before every air mission, etc. That would require a lot of unnecessary mouse clicking. So the problem is how to enable the feature at all the possible times that the player might want to use it, without making a ton of annoying prompt messages appear.

I'll see if I can figure out a solution for this case, since I have a specific saved game to mess around with.

It's just my two cents, but what if you would be able to right click on an organised HQ during any phase where you can fly planes or sail ships and can use the units menu to get emergency HQ supply? Is that feasable?
Peter
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

It's just my two cents, but what if you would be able to right click on an organised HQ during any phase where you can fly planes or sail ships and can use the units menu to get emergency HQ supply? Is that feasable?
Looks like a good idea to me.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

Looks like a good idea to me.
That sounds like a viable solution.[&o][&o][&o]

I'll get to coding it sometime.[8|]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”