How to paradrop?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Norush

How to paradrop?

Post by Norush »

this is from steam forum where im not getting any assistance. Anyway, if u know how to use paratroopers just read the last 2 parts of this post.

i have the air base unit on the rail net that is intact and in supply details it says "mps to rail 0, range to rail 0 and range to HQ 1. i have the 4th luftwaffe jager regiment stacked with the base and in movement mode i selected it - then switched to transport mode F9 (at this point in the upper border UI it says "Air transport from "hex cordinates")) and the air base stacked with the jager regiment got bordered in blue like it should but after that no matter what hex i left -shift click the select transport window wont open.. Only the target hex (where i want to paradrop) gets selected with a supply drop marker and then nothing happens.. :'(((
Oh and i do have like 8 air groups of transport planes in the air base.

Norush has Gary Grigsby's War in the East 23 hours ago

so to sum up. selecting unit with airbase in F1 - switching to F9 and shift left click target hex doesnt work for me. what am i missing! :D

So there has been som changes and my manual isnt up to date it seems.

Interface Change (Section 5.3.9.3) – To airdrop a unit, now you must go to air transport mode and then left click on the hex containing the airbase and airborne unit. Make sure the airborne unit(s) you wish to drop are selected in the unit bar. Next, shift-left click on a hex near the airfield. This will cause the pick air units mission window to be displayed. Close this window and you will now see the hexes where you may conduct an airdrop lit up, while those that are not possible will be displayed in. Shift-left click on the hex you wish to drop the airborne unit and the pick air units mission window will appear. Due to some issues with the interface, the only way to indicate the valid hexes to airdrop in is to click on a valid hex. If you click on an invalid hex it will not bring up the air window nor will it indicate the valid hexes. This is why we suggest you click somewhere near the airbase. Whenever the air window appears, you can execute the air drop. It is important that you select the airborne unit after you have entered air transport mode (previously the airborne unit was supposed to be selected while still in movement mode).
Last edited by Norush; 23 hours ago

now i get the window to open when i shift left click on the hex near the airbase but after i close it nothing lits up like it says in the notes xD

Norush has Gary Grigsby's War in the East 22 hours ago
so now i can transport units right next to airbase if instead of closing the first window i just transport. 1 hex away...
Telemecus

RE: How to paradrop?

Post by Telemecus »

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Norush

Post by Norush »

hmm thanks.

1 more thing is troubling me. what is up with the most of the support battalions available for axis? only a handful can be assigned in divisions and the rest to cities and fortified zones. what is required from a support battalion to be eligible for division attachment?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Norush
1 more thing is troubling me. what is up with the most of the support battalions available for axis? only a handful can be assigned in divisions and the rest to cities and fortified zones. what is required from a support battalion to be eligible for division attachment?

As a general rule artillery is an HQ only SU and LW SUs cannot be directly assigned. But that should still leave lots of pioneers, SP Guns, MG units, Wehrmacht flak etc which can be assigned. Also southern axis allies cannot directly assign SUs.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

Return to “Tech Support”