Help with instalation needed

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Kitakami

Help with instalation needed

Post by Kitakami »

Greetings,

It seems that my WitP AE installation got corrupted somehow, as I am about to start a game and I see an F6F-3 starting the game in <no base displayed>. The unit can't be disbanded or transferred, and the interface does not behave properly when selecting the unit.

I think the way to go is to reinstall, but I have a problem. My serial number is old, as form the days of Digital River downloads. But try as I might, I can't find a DR installer in my files, only a later, PM one.

Can someone please help me? My serial number does not work with the newer installer :/

Much obliged!
Tenno Heika Banzai!
BillBrown

RE: Help with instalation needed

Post by BillBrown »

I don't think that is a game installation problem, I think it is a scenario flaw. I loaded the latest BtS from Johns site, and
there was not an F6F-3 anywhere. I wonder if the files he started with are bad. You could have him look at it. Or you could
send your game file to me or someone else so they can take a quick look at it.
Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

@BillBrown, you are correct. There is a late-war fighter and a late-war carrier bomber squadrons that can be seen, but will never enter the game. Weird. Since John already did all the work for turn 1, I guess I will live with those two squadrons appearing in my screens... and not existing.
Tenno Heika Banzai!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

@BillBrown, you are correct. There is a late-war fighter and a late-war carrier bomber squadrons that can be seen, but will never enter the game. Weird. Since John already did all the work for turn 1, I guess I will live with those two squadrons appearing in my screens... and not existing.
Note the index number of those two squadrons (at the upper left corner of the unit screen), then go to the Editor and open the scenario. Find the two squadrons and look over the data to see if there are any anomalies you can identify. Compare with other squadrons on the same page to see what things are different. I suspect there was an error typing in the date the squadrons are available (i.e. an improperly formatted date the editor cannot read), but that is just a guess.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”