Japanese Naval Aircraft armed with BB guns?

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
mroyer

Japanese Naval Aircraft armed with BB guns?

Post by mroyer »

Aircraft from Japanese carriers should be devastating to the fledgling Chinese navy in 1937. However, in my mod the carriers more often take rather than give damage, even when used against the tiny Chinese gunboats. Sure, the Zero hasn't been fully deployed yet, but even the older Mitsubishi A5M Claude was more than enough to carry the day.

Any thoughts what might be causing this? I've played endlessly with the strength numbers, both of the Japanese carrier and Chinese gunboats to little success. What else might be factoring into this? Weather is clear... the carriers are one turn out of home ports...

Thanks for any guesses,
-Mark R.
KorutZelva

RE: Japanese Naval Aircraft armed with BB guns?

Post by KorutZelva »

Are they in bomber mode? What's the naval tech situation?

Sorry that's all I got.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Are they in bomber mode?

Hmmm... perhaps. I'll double check that I'm doing that right.
What's the naval tech situation?

All the naval tech, both sides, is lowest - no upgrades.

Thanks for the ideas,
-Mark R.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

If you were attacking in Naval/Tactical Mode and the results were still not as desired, you could also increase the base attack values for Japanese units so they have a bit more oomph in this, or any other desired respect.

To do this go to Campaign -> Edit Country Data -> Edit Combat Target Data (this is at the bottom left) -> Select Japan -> Select Carriers -> Increase their stats

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Thanks Bill for the response. KorutZelva hit the nail on the head - I had the carriers in Fighter CAP mode, not Naval/Tactical mode. One I properly switched modes it appears to be working as expected. Mea Culpa - and sorry for taking your time 'cause I didn't post back that I'd figured it out. Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the most elusive!

-Mark R.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”