Device R&D Factories?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DanSez

Device R&D Factories?

Post by DanSez »

Has it ever been attempted or discussed?

Here are my uneducated thoughts:

In Yokohama provence, was the Japanese design teams for new weapons and technology.
(Reference: Thunder Gods by Hatsuho Naito pages 31:32)

Could I create a 'Design Factory', permanently set to 30
(ie, can't build more than 30, when research target changes stays at 30, just needs to be repaired)
It can only be set to research Radar devices (ground/sea/air radios and radars).

One factory alone isn't going to give the Japanese 'Radar equipped Rocket Planes' in 1944, but it might help get MAD radar out 4 to 6 months earlier for ASW hunter units.

The NF Radars would also of high interest to accelerate.

The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
Alfred

RE: Device R&D Factories?

Post by Alfred »

Do not go down this path of making devices buildable by factories.  There is a very good reason why it is not in any official scenario.

Alfred
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Do not go down this path of making devices buildable by factories.  There is a very good reason why it is not in any official scenario.

Alfred

Thanks for the reply.

The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred

Why do I have this image of Gandalf on the bridge saying "You shall not PASS!"

Attachments
Gandalf.jpg
Gandalf.jpg (21.65 KiB) Viewed 54 times
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

I interpreted the message as 'it could be done, but is fraught with controversity'.

In a few years when I retire,
I might tinker with it but don't expect much help in my test.

I wish I were a fly on the wall listening to the discussions about why they decided not to go that route.
But I appreciate Alfred taking time to reply.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”