Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anzio 1944 2km - scenario update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Anzio 1944 2km - scenario update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anzio 1944 2km - scenario update - 4/22/2018 8:48:35 AM   
Telumar

I have updated my Anzio 1944 @2 km scenario to TOAW IV (the version that came with the vanilla release was the latest TOAW III version).

@Larry: Can you add it to the list of scenarios for the next patch?

Here the list of changes and fixes - most importantly of course i added a .nqp file and set naval attrition divider to 25:

• Added .nqp file
• Set Naval Attrition Divider to 25.
• Secondary unit (artillery) icon for German coastal artillery
• LW Pio.-Btl. XXII changed from untried to veteran status.
• Fixed unit size symbol for the anti-tank company of 719. Inf.-Div. (was battalion, now company)
• Reworked TO&E of 525. Panzerjäger Abteilung
• Fixed Sudden End Line events for the Valmontone Gap (the events did not fire due to event sequence)

Note that due to a bug in vanilla IV (and also still the latest patch) hex distance does not work. Unfortunately the air war model in the scenario, as well as a part of the naval warfare component, relies heavily on the use of distant hexes. Therefore players should restrict themselves not to order airfield attacks against enemy airfields in the distant hexes (map top and map bottom) as well as into the distant sea hexes (which represent the open sea, out of reach for German aircraft). Note that unfortunately the PO will not subject itself to these restrictions.

The scenario should be played with the new mud and snow rules. With these the battlefield gradually turns into the sea of mud that it historically was.

Installation:
Extract the folder Anzio 1944 @2 km v.3.0. into your Graphics Override folder
Extract all other files into a scenario folder of your choice i.e. WWII Mediterranean

As for the 1 km version of Anzio: I actually stopped updating this after i released the 2km version, therefore i am a bit unhappy that it made it into IV. Updating it to the standards of the 2km version - that is mainly to add a reasonably working PO for both sides would require a major rework of events and initial setup, which i am not sure that i will find the time for. I also think that with the 1 km scale for WWII there are too many issues with the combat engine, not so much in restricted terrain with reduced range of sight (Normandy hedgerows i.e.), but all the more in open terrain as at Anzio with its open fields and long range of sight.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Anzio 1944 2km - scenario update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI