Suggestions to add from my channel

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Joselillo

Suggestions to add from my channel

Post by Joselillo »

Hello,

Since the game came out I have it as a fixed series on my channel and we are already a few who played it, recently I asked a question: What would you add to TOAW IV?

Here I leave all the suggestions that appeared and that I see quite interesting to add in future updates:

1 - A button to filter the "unknown" and "observed" hexes of the map to see everything at a glance and save me a few clicks.

2 - A better system of control and monitoring of supplies on the map.

3 - Some more complex handling of aviation, and what happens in their combats.

4 - A more detailed management of naval units where you can distinguish between submarines, merchants, warships of various types, etc.

5 - Tutorials in game

6 - A bit of resource management with political points for example, along with a continuous campaign of some concatenated scenarios.

link to the question: https://youtu.be/fYyxsagIRtQ

Sorry mi english :(

TOAW IV forever!

regards!
MikeJ19

RE: Suggestions to add from my channel

Post by MikeJ19 »

Joselillo,

I was having a discussion on an AAR thread about the battle for Italy in 1944. After seeing your thread, I thought I might add that discussion to here as they are ideas of possible additions to the game engine.

Back to our discussion on Interdiction and being able to focus the attacks. Changing the range can help in some scenarios, but it would not have helped too much in the Falaise gap or in the Overlord scenario. In both cases, I wish I could draw a box or designate an area on the map as the focus of my attacks. Taking it one step farther, identifying an unit type to prioritize. For example, in my current battle, if I had an air force, I would want my Interdiction attacks to the Allied Engineer units so that they could not repair the bridges I have taken out.

This lead me to thinking about supply. Overall, I like the way supply works, but I wish I could prioritize which units get supplied. For example, if I have a unit that has close to 100% supply and another unit right beside it that is at 50%, it would be to be able to have more supplies going to the less supplied unit. It would add a lot of micro management to the game, but it would add some realism and make us think more about supply.

Have a good day!
Mike

Retired Gunner

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”