Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop - 4/17/2018 3:06:31 AM   
Scotters1

I upgraded to a new computer to run flights sims like Falcon BMS and Cliffs of Dovers Blitz and IL2 series. But I still am a civil war buff and I want to play FOF. It worked with a little tweaking on my MSI laptop, but on my new alienware desktop I am having issues.

I loaded it up, it seems to work best in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode, ran as administrator. But it only occupies a part of my screen. And it starts off with a real weird screen, no videos, but I can hear them, before it loads up the menu and then looks ok.

I have 1920 X 1080 Resolution @ 60HZ. GeForce GTX 1080 Driver Version 391.35. Intel Core I7-8700 CPU @ 3.2 GHZ. 16 GB RAM.

Any way to get this to full screen?
Post #: 1
RE: Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop - 7/23/2018 4:55:19 PM   
Scotters1

Any ideas? I tried all kinds of compatibility and scaling options, but with no luck. I'm having the same issue with Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich. I think this has to do with a windows update from a few months ago that did something with dpi scaling. Any answers out there?

(in reply to Scotters1)
Post #: 2
RE: Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop - 7/25/2018 4:00:40 AM   
zakblood

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4064250

with some extra files needed, to make it more backwards compatible

as per link

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4454024

(in reply to Scotters1)
Post #: 3
RE: Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop - 7/25/2018 8:09:50 PM   
Scotters1

Adding direct play and using dxwnd works for Bombing the Reich. I can play it full screen and it now runs fast!

FOF now loads up ok, but only in the middle of the screen, and after playing a tactical battle and exiting, the game crashes with a memory issue and can only be exited with the task manager. Using dxwnd does not help for FOF.

At least one game works now! Thanks for all of your help zakblood. I still hope that one day you can try Battle of Britain with those settings I gave you back on the Battle of Britain message board, and see if you can find a way to avoid the crashes windows 10 users always have with the 2.13 patch.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Resolution Problems Windows 10 Alienware Desktop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI