Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support >> Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa? - 4/5/2018 1:04:06 AM   
JasonPratt

I may have seen this mentioned in another thread, but not with this title apparently. (Although it may have some relation to the "Resolution issue" thread.)

I'm running Win 8.1, at 1080p screen resolution. The "Full Screen (vs windowed play)" checkmark button, will 'check' but makes no difference: checked or unchecked the game plays sort-of like a window, with a grey bar across the top that can be x-closed (for quitting) and minimized (back to desktop). But it isn't a full window, because there's no taskbar on the screen (like from alt-tabbing out -- then the taskbar shows up), and it can't be resized in any way. The "max / resize" button between the x-quit and the minimize button on the upper right, is greyed out and doesn't work.

This is hardly a gamebreaking problem -- everything looks rights, my clicks land where they look like they're pointing, I can alt-tab in and out fine. It's just odd: the option to have a window doesn't work. Or the option to be in fullscreen perhaps.

"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street
Post #: 1
RE: Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa? - 4/5/2018 11:07:29 AM   
Saint Ruth

So you see the gray topbar with the X (and max/min) regardless of whether you're in full screen or not?
That's strange. I've Windows 10 and Windows XP and haven't seen that.

(the resize is turned off even if you're in Windowed mode).

< Message edited by Saint Ruth -- 4/5/2018 12:10:51 PM >

(in reply to JasonPratt)
Post #: 2
RE: Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa? - 4/6/2018 9:35:00 PM   
JasonPratt

Yep. Doesn't hamper play any; the bottom of the (apparently borderless) window is the bottom of the screen. There's just no distinction when checkmarking that option.

Absolutely low on the list of things to fix, but I thought I should ask if I'm missing something to do it right, so...

"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street

(in reply to Saint Ruth)
Post #: 3
RE: Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa? - 4/9/2018 11:28:33 AM   
Saint Ruth

Thanks, will put it on the list, though a few other things to do first!

(in reply to JasonPratt)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support >> Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI