Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon - 4/5/2018 12:48:06 AM   
Taishan

Hello all,

I'm new to DW, and I'm having a bit of an issue. I can repair lots of other derelict ships but when trying to repair Desolation Moon, my construction ship looks at the moon, and then warps back to one of my star ports. Then they come back, look at it and warp back again. What am I doing wrong? Is there some tech I am missing? This is driving me nuts!
Post #: 1
RE: Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon - 4/5/2018 1:34:07 AM   
Shark7

One of three things is likely happening:

1. There is a space monster in the area, which will cause the construction ship to run for it's life as soon as it detects it.
2. Another empire is already repairing the Desolation Moon.
3. There is a pirate ship/base in the system.

The solution to all of those scenarios is the same, send a warship and attack whichever is causing the issue.

If it isn't one of those three possibilities, then I don't have an answer.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Taishan)
Post #: 2
RE: Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon - 4/5/2018 7:35:23 AM   
stuart3

Desolation Moon isn't damaged, it is incomplete. So your construction ship isn't repairing it, it is constructing or completing the construction of it. That is a different concept.

When given a repair order, a construction ship will move straight to the damaged ship and begin work immediately.

When given a construct order, a construction ship will always begin by visiting the nearest star port in order to top up it's store of resources (the building blocks of construction) and then it will move to the construction site and (normally) begin the construction work.

quote:

my construction ship looks at the moon, and then warps back to one of my star ports

I assume that your construction ship began in the same system as Desolation Moon when you gave it the order to work on it, so starting by visiting a star port is normal behavior as detailed above.

quote:

Then they come back, look at it and warp back again.

I am not sure what is happening here. Perhaps the next stage of construction requires a particular resource that wasn't available at the star port. I suggest cancelling the order to work on Desolation Moon and then order a different construction ship, perhaps one located close to your home planet, which should be well stocked with resources, to do the work instead.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
RE: Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon - 4/5/2018 1:03:58 PM   
RemoteLeg

If the moon is a long way from your home, your Constructor might be running low on fuel soon after it arrives & is going home to refuel. Add more fuel tanks?

< Message edited by RemoteLeg -- 4/5/2018 1:05:41 PM >

(in reply to stuart3)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Construction Ship Problem Reparing Desolation Moon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI