Setup phase partly lies about supply

Your panzer is not running well? Stop here and tell us what's happening!
JasonPratt

Setup phase partly lies about supply

Post by JasonPratt »

Since ensuring full supply as much as possible is a key logistic point to the game, it's consequently important to figure out during setup if units are starting in low/no supply, or whether they're being moved out of supply when shifted around. Similarly, it's important to know whether moving a headquarters is improving or degrading supply for units under its command.

The L key which limns a unit in supply color, shows green for all units during setup. The H key which shows the direct LoC trace (from a unit to its HQ and vice versa), also always shows green during setup. Doesn't matter how ludicrously far away the unit and its HQ is, both are always green.

The R(ange) key, however, which manually (not automatically) plots supply ranging from HQs through all hexes, correctly (as far as I can tell) colors hexes green, yellow, and nothing, when used on a headquarter unit.

I can still figure out proper initial supply, or risks I'm willing to take, this way, but if players don't know about the coding problem (it may not be a 'bug' exactly but a limitation in the engine), then they might make poor planning decisions.

In case this is only happening in certain situations, I'm setting up as the allies vs the computer axis, on Operation E.
"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street
Saint Ruth

RE: Setup phase partly lies about supply

Post by Saint Ruth »

That doesn't sound correct, all right. Will have a look and will fix.
Thanks, Brian [;)]
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

That's a bug. Only affects Allies when playing Axis AI.
Will fix in patch, thanks.
JasonPratt

Post by JasonPratt »

Thanks! -- I can add a bit more detail to the bug perhaps.

Once the mission starts, the H-lines seem to all be working correctly; but the "L" limning, providing the supply halo around the pieces, all show yellow, regardless of how much supply the pieces are in. (I haven't tried running a piece totally outside supply to see if the yellow glow turns off.)
"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street

Return to “Tech Support”