CVs tf fuel consumption and aircraft production Question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

verdugo94

CVs tf fuel consumption and aircraft production Question

Post by verdugo94 »

Hello, I have tried to find my doubts in the forum and in the manual but I couldnt find them, sorry if they are repetitive [&:]

1)I have notice that my Air Combat tf´s spend fuel while they are on port, even if it is mother port. On then I have planes on training and on CAP, could be related to this? Does someone else have the same problem?

2)In aircraft production, when I switch production from one aircraft to another all of the factories are damaged and some dissapear, I recall that switching single engine to another single engine saved some factories but it has never happened to me. What is the benefit of doing this? Each of the damaged factories cost 1000 supply to repair?

If it is true, how do you switch production from old models to newer ones without damaging the factories? Because the production starts on 0 and it requires a lot of months and supply to begin a decent production.

3)Does some of you have an aircraft upgrades chart? It will be really appreciated :)

Thanks you for your answers
Chris21wen

RE: CVs tf fuel consumption and aircraft production Question

Post by Chris21wen »

Any TF will use minimal fuel in port if it is not docked. Being a CV TF means it's likely to be too large for the port. Carrier aircraft do not use ship fuel in anyway. CV have a number of 'offensive' sorties available to them once used they must return to rearm. CAP and training mission are not 'offensive', any form of attack or recon (I think) is.

Depends very much on Player Defined Upgrades (PDU) ON/OFF. Basically look at an a/c 'family' tree. The A6M2 upgrades to the A6M2 Sen Baku then too the A6M5b. If you change your factory to the next a/c in line then no damage occurs. If you skip the next inline or completely change to an a/c outside of it's tree all the factories are damaged plus you suffer a approx. 1/3 loss in factories.

You need 10K min at a base to repair and it use 1K in the process.

There's a number of guides around to help you with a/c production, You could satrt here. tm.asp?m=3329605
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Any combat ship in port that is in ready status-not disbanded, would have its boilers all lit and near full steam raised. So even sitting they they will need some fuel.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

If it is true, how do you switch production from old models to newer ones without damaging the factories?

This may only be accomplished if the aircraft is advanced along the improvement flowchart. If going to a 'different' model the reductions will occur.
Does some of you have an aircraft upgrades chart?

Had a hard copy which I've now misplaced. Even lost my 'soft' copy due to sys crash. Will search the forum and get back when I can.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
If it is true, how do you switch production from old models to newer ones without damaging the factories?

This may only be accomplished if the aircraft is advanced along the improvement flowchart. If going to a 'different' model the reductions will occur.
Does some of you have an aircraft upgrades chart?

Had a hard copy which I've now misplaced. Even lost my 'soft' copy due to sys crash. Will search the forum and get back when I can.

verdugo94 is my opponent in the PBEM. I found this flowchart from long ago and provided the link to him. It's the best one I've found for Japanese aircraft.

upfiles/37283/B1EDA09DE19F419A993614199966A99F.jpg
The Moose
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Thanks Moose. Doesn't have the bombers in there, but the rest looks good.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I found it, but not on a machine I can download it to, also forgot my 'stick'. At any rate the above by Moose should get you started. One correction though that has to be made on all of them. The Ki-84 does not go Ki-84a to Ki-84b to Ki-84r. Its Ki-84a to Ki-84r or Ki-84b to Ki-84r. AFAIK that's a dev choice, don't know why, but I trust them.

Edit:

tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?#

Download by clicking on 'Attachment' in post 2.

Should give whole picture.

GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

One can always get all the upgrade paths from the game directly. Handy in case of mods.
To do this, go to Intelligence screen -> Aircraft replacement pool. All the airframes have their next upgrade in the path listed in the last column
verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

Hello, thanks for your answer. I was discussing the fuel topic with Steve

I have made some investigation to this, you might find it useful, I compared some ships in different tfs, one surface combat and another from air combat, both of them in port for a long time. The first one is a BB, as you see in 20 turns it loses around 15% of its fuel while been in a tf in a port. Same percentage happens with endurance.

Compared with Kaga it loses more that 50% in the same interval. The last turn I put all of its air groups in stand down and I didn´t noticed any difference, the last turn I disbanded it on the port and it worked none fuel or endurance was wasted. This might simulate the ships moving to train or avoid being quite in the harbor I don´t know.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”