Bug with the latest Beta

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
taffjones

Bug with the latest Beta

Post by taffjones »

Hi Hubert/Bill
I have downloaded the latest Beta 1.12.01 and the DE's are not firing.
So far up to April there has been no events to partition Poland, Invade Denmark/Norway and no deployment of the 7th Para unit in Poland or Hamburg.
I have a saved game I will send you, if you let me know where to send it.
Thanks
Taffjones
BillRunacre

RE: Bug with the latest Beta

Post by BillRunacre »

Thanks for pointing this out, I've seen it too so I've mentioned this to Hubert.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks taffjones and unfortunately I introduced a bug in the beta where the changed scripts were not re-compiled into the campaign. I'll correct this and try and get a new version up and ready ASAP.

Hubert
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I haven't had time to verify this with the latest, but with the Beta 12.01 from 2-21 ports are not being blocked by naval units [supply still flows inland even with an enemy unit adjacent to a port]. I think I can get to checking it this week with the latest if you don't have time.
taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Is there a way for me to uninstall the beta, and go back to the normal game?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Yes, if this is the Matrix version, simply reinstall v1.12 from the links found here:

tm.asp?m=4427803
taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Thanks Hubert
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks taffjones and unfortunately I introduced a bug in the beta where the changed scripts were not re-compiled into the campaign. I'll correct this and try and get a new version up and ready ASAP.

Hubert
Hi Hubert,

I'm sure you are hard at work on this, and I thank you for that, but would it be possible to give us some sort of ETA on when we could expect a fix?

I would like to start a few more PBEM++ games but would rather wait for a fix before I do.

Also, will you be taking a look at the port supply issue sPzAbt653 described in Post #:3 ( fb.asp?m=4458211 )?

Thanks,

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

As of right now the Beta I would say is non functional as there will be no STRENGTH (which might be related to the issue in post #3) or DECISION events and until the new Beta is ready, then I wouldn't advise playing a PBEM++ game with the current one.

Apologies again for this, and unfortunately there is a bit of bad timing at the moment as our Producer just retired and I'm inbetween Producers, which normally handle the setting up of the new Betas for us, and with the long weekend here, it might be a little while longer.

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

I haven't had time to verify this with the latest, but with the Beta 12.01 from 2-21 ports are not being blocked by naval units [supply still flows inland even with an enemy unit adjacent to a port]. I think I can get to checking it this week with the latest if you don't have time.

Can you provide any some more details on this or even a saved game with a description of what may or may not be happening so we can take a look?

Send to support@furysoftware.com
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

As of right now the Beta I would say is non functional as there will be no STRENGTH (which might be related to the issue in post #3) or DECISION events and until the new Beta is ready, then I wouldn't advise playing a PBEM++ game with the current one.

Apologies again for this, and unfortunately there is a bit of bad timing at the moment as our Producer just retired and I'm inbetween Producers, which normally handle the setting up of the new Betas for us, and with the long weekend here, it might be a little while longer.
Thanks for the update Hubert.

Good things are always worth waiting for! [:)]

Cheers,

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
Can you provide any some more details on this or even a saved game with a description of what may or may not be happening so we can take a look?
Send to support@furysoftware.com
From the 12.01 from 2-21, and 653N where Resource values have been changed, but I hope that wouldn't influence these results. Below can be seen with Fog of War = OFF, that the UK Sub is blocking Syracuse Port [8] but the Italian XII Corps is still at 8 when it should be at 5. I have seen many of these situations and this is one that I could grab and save.
I did not download the latest version to verify this as I didn't think I could get far enough with the latest issues mentioned in above posts.

Save file sent via e-mail.

Attachments
653N20.jpg
653N20.jpg (184.74 KiB) Viewed 114 times
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks for the clarification and I believe this might just be a misunderstanding of the rules here as I've tested this quickly on my end.

For example, in order to besiege the port, you'll need 2 or more naval units to do so and this will reduce the port strength.

However, to prevent a port from providing supply to friendly land units, you are correct that only one naval unit is needed to be adjacent to the port, but since the unit at Syracuse is also receiving supply from Syracuse itself, and since Syracuse is still at supply 5 or greater then the unit supply on top of it would still have a minimum supply value of 8.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Ok then, I don't understand it, because it seems that you are saying that 5 at Syracuse gets the XII Corps 8 supply, but that is not the way it works, to my knowledge, the XII Corps is only eligible for 5 [when Syracuse port is blocked, as it is].

However, I used the stock 1943 Campaign to run some tests outside of 653N. In that scenario, I can move two Strats from England to Tunisia and then play around in hotseat with blocking and reducing Sicily, and everything I did there over several turns appeared to work as I understand it. So I will continue to pay attention to this and see what I can learn. Thanks!
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

IIRC, the way it should work is that the Port can provide supply to the XII Corps, and the Town can also provide supply to XII Corps. The final supply value of XII Corps will be based on whichever one provides the most supply.

So if let's say the Town at Syracuse was reduced to 0 strength, then it would provide no supply to XII Corps, but if the adjacent port was fully functional then XII Corps would receive supply based on the Port strength. However, if you place an adjacent naval unit to the Port at Syracuse, then you've effectively prevented the Port from providing any supply to XII Corps as well.

At that point XII Corps would receive supply from the next nearest functioning supply source such as Caltanisseta.
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Hi Hubert,

I'm sure you and your team are hard at work on this, but could you maybe give us a hint as to when you expect the next beta to be ready?

Thanks,

C

-Aristotle-
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

If all goes well we will submit a new package next week and hopefully the turn around will not be too long after that. The next update will include quite a few more fixes since the last one, based on all the recent conversations/feedback in the forums.
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Many thanks for the update Hubert! [:)]

Cheers,

C

-Aristotle-
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Referring back to posts 12, 13 and 14, I reverted back to v1.12 [from v1.12.01] and started a new game with 653N. Now I experience the same problems as in post 12, so I have unwittingly introduced something myself. Sorry I bothered you about this Hubert.

Not only can't I block ports anymore, as seen below I can't even reduce Resources by having units next to them. All I think I did was reduce the Value Per and Max Strength of Resources, but I will have to backtrack to see if I did something else. [:(]

Attachments
653N24.jpg
653N24.jpg (113.75 KiB) Viewed 114 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hi Hubert. Referring back to post #12, using the 1939 Campaign with v1.12.02, don't set this up, I am just showing how it does work as intended. By moving the two German corps adjacent to Poznan, each turn Poznan goes down by 1 because it has two enemy units adjacent.

However, it does not work in some cases [next post].

Attachments
653N31.jpg
653N31.jpg (102.09 KiB) Viewed 114 times

Return to “Tech Support”