Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared - 3/21/2018 2:07:20 AM   
eouellet

A question about the De Gaulle ARM-HQ.

If the De Gaulle ARM-HQ is in a Free French territory, like Equatorial Africa, should it not stay on the map when Vichy France is declared?

The rules are stating that at 17.4 that "Now, place in the force pools all French controlled Reserve and Militia units and half their other land and aircraft units (taken together) from Metropolitan Vichy France and each administration group controlled by Vichy France. ... All units controlled by France that are still in Vichy territory are now controlled by Vichy. All other French controlled units are Free French."

And

If the French HQ ‘De Gaulle’ is neither in a hex controlled by Free France nor the French force pools, move it to the French force pools."

I read them 10 times, and it does not say that land forces in Free France territory are put back in the force pool when Vichy France is declared, but the system puts them in the force pool not matter what.

If it is in a hex controlled by Free France should it remain on the map rather than moving back to the force pool?

Thanks for any clarification
Post #: 1
RE: De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared - 3/21/2018 3:27:28 AM   
paulderynck

Sounds like a bug to me. It is quite rare for DeGaulle to be on the map when Vichy is declared, but if he is and is in a FF hex, he should stay there.

Paul

(in reply to eouellet)
Post #: 2
RE: De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared - 3/21/2018 1:46:56 PM   
Centuur

Have you got a gamesave from just before the declaration of Vichy? If so, can you zip the file and post it in here? That would make it easy to fix this bug.

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared - 3/21/2018 7:43:11 PM   
eouellet

quote:

Here it is.

Just before the Vichy France box appears. De Gaulle is in Middle Congo.

I ran it after establishing Vichy, but did not save it, and De Gaulle disappears.

Thank you

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 4
RE: De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared - 3/21/2018 7:58:29 PM   
eouellet

When I ran it afterward, in one occasion French Equatorial Africa became Vichy, and a weird thing happen. The system had the French fleet in Marseilles to be relocated, and I moved it to Dakar, which was Free France.

(in reply to eouellet)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> De Gaulle when Vichy France is declared Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI