Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resolution problem: Cant play the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Resolution problem: Cant play the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolution problem: Cant play the game - 3/15/2018 8:33:53 PM   
Novaliz

I have a 4k monitor and the game always runs in a small box. I tried DPI scaling settings in windows and also on exe of the game but I cant get it to work. Why is there no resolution setting in the game? Any help?

< Message edited by Novaliz -- 3/15/2018 8:34:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Resolution problem: Cant play the game - 3/22/2018 2:13:21 PM   
morvael

There is no solution, because the game engine was written ages ago, and it doesn't support HiDPI displays at all. If you end up with a 4K laptop screen (or even a bigger monitor) you'll have trouble to read those tiny fonts. Sorry, I can't help you. Changing this is practically impossible.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: Resolution problem: Cant play the game - 3/22/2018 2:15:14 PM   
morvael

I don't know if you can change your graphics card driver settings, so that you have 1920x1080 fake resolution (2x scale, four pixels of a 4K screen make 1 virtual pixel of "Full HD" screen). Normally this is done to run demanding 3d games if they can't handle 4K resolution, but this may also help in running WitE on 4K screen...

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Resolution problem: Cant play the game - 3/22/2018 2:22:12 PM   
zakblood

unless it's really silly high end res, just doing this should make it better and more readable

same for East and it is for West, so don't worry about wrong shortcut, same game, same engine so same fix and run game as a windowed game and not full screen and see if that helps

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 3/22/2018 2:24:11 PM >

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
RE: Resolution problem: Cant play the game - 3/22/2018 2:29:43 PM   
zakblood

so depending on how high your high end is, altering above and then scaling the desktop to suit a given game may help

if as shown on a given high end 4k screen the images are way too small, just alter the % to suit a given screen, so 250 to much, try 200 and keep going until you have it right for you, then note it down, as altering it, alters all, so while you may will to sue a given size with something that supports 4k, eg use the recommended settings, others that don't alter to a none recommend one and see if it's any better for you, as you will find one to suit, just may take a while

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 3/22/2018 2:32:15 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Resolution problem: Cant play the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI