Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

F/S EB Oglesby

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> F/S EB Oglesby Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
F/S EB Oglesby - 3/7/2018 11:13:56 AM   
Matt H

Hello.

I'm not sure who you chaps are but I found my grandfather listed in one of your forum threads as a "real WW2 pilot" in 49 SQn. Yes that is correct, my grandfather predominantly piloted a Lancaster and flew 39 missions during the war. What I thought I would comment on was the assumption in that thread that the F/Sgt rank was a newbie/junior pilot. This wasn't really the case at all; many pilots including my grandfather simply didn't want officer status as they were just there to "do a job", and also frankly didn't want the Officers Mess bills. My grandfather had been piloting in other squadrons for two years before joining 49 squadron, and did so afterwards too.

Have you included his details in a game somewhere?

Thanks,
Matt.

Post #: 1
RE: F/S EB Oglesby - 3/7/2018 1:16:11 PM   
warshipbuilder

Matt, the only details we have about your grandfather are his name and rank. Most of the pilots in the 43 campaign start at a base level experience of 70. It would be impossible to research every pilot for how many missions they had flown prior to the start date and give them the appropriate experience level. But given the information you have provided, I can certainly raise your grandfathers experience level, it would show up in the next patch. He may end up getting promoted over the course of the campaign and will end up having to deal with those mess bills.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
Editor WitE2Pedia
ED/BTR Ressurection Project

(in reply to Matt H)
Post #: 2
RE: F/S EB Oglesby - 3/7/2018 1:43:20 PM   
Matt H

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.

Completely understand that you cant research pilots - their records are still with the RAF in any event. So if you have him in your game perhaps you would like his name: Edward ("Ted") Oglesby.

Thanks,
Matt.

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 3
RE: F/S EB Oglesby - 3/7/2018 3:47:23 PM   
warshipbuilder

Alright I can rework it so his name will appear as Edward 'Ted' Oglesby, and up his experience level for the next update. Or if you prefer his name a different way, PM me.

If anybody else has a family member in the game and would like a correction to rank, Squadron/Gruppe etc. please let me know. I will be more than happy to change it.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
Editor WitE2Pedia
ED/BTR Ressurection Project

(in reply to Matt H)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> F/S EB Oglesby Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI