Advanced Tactics Gold 2.27g is available

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Tamas

Advanced Tactics Gold 2.27g is available

Post by Tamas »

Hi Everyone,

Vic's beta update has been made official! You can grab it from the game's updater, or the Members Area.

We'd like to give this a few days time "out in the wild" and then we will release it on Steam as well.

The changelog:

Changelist for v2.27 g
-Fixed an oil bug when using Airlift to an allied regime airport

Changelist for v2.27 f
-Rewrote the save file ZIP function that now uses a Buffer to avoid Out of Memory Errors that were encountered with the huge new GD scenario.
-Optimized the Location Production Algorithm for huge scenarios
-Optimized the AutoReinf Algorithm for huge scenarios with loads of HQs
-Fixed the wrong link in the main menu
-Fixed a scroll issue in SF popup for artillery statistics
-Fixed an issue with editor crashing when cutting part off the map

Changelist for v2.27 E
Bug fixed where Naval Supply Blocks where protecting your shipping from enemy Anti-Supply units (like submarines). Thanks IcyM!

Changelist for v2.27 D
Fixed an AI crash with engineer calculations in a scenario with specific geography. Thanks larry!

Changelist for v2.27 C
Just a minor fix for ernie in speeding up the ExecJoinArea function.

Changelist for v2.27 B
Fixed a bug I introduced with v2.27 that caused a crash after combat.

Restored the old detailed supply path info when using the new supply layer mode.

Removed option to place Navy Supply Blocks on non sea or port hexes.

For modders: Optimized the ExecJoinArea function.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Changelist for v2.27
Naval Supply Hexes can now be blocked in the New Dawn games to direct how your supplies should cross the oceans. (feature can be enabled in any scenario by enabling rulevar 916; it changes the supply layer mode to a supply layer window with the option to place the naval supply blocks). Note: The easiest way to use this is to just block the ports where you do want to see any ships leaving or arriving.

For modders: Added option to ExecSFTypeStat and CheckSFTypeStat to read an alter upgradeToo, upgradeCost and upgradeXp of an SFType.

Apparently sometimes the select Hex, select Unit popup for a card would not center on the first available option. It should always work now.

Fixed website links from the classic tutorials (which where still pointing to old domain name)

Fixed the target groups scroll bar in the combat stats tab of the subformation(type) popup.

For modders: Improved the speed of end of combat on huge maps a bit. But the big time cost here is recalculating anti-supply points spread by air or navy units. This can now be disabled by using rulevar 917 and setting it to 1.

Air transports used for airlift or paradrop can now only transport units of which the weights of their SFTypes can actually be caried by the airplanes in question. For example a Heavy Tank weight 50 cannot be airlifted by Transporter aircraft because their carry capacity is 20. The algorithms make sure the airlifted troops are spread as sensible as possible if multiple aircraft sizes are used for transport.

Changelist for v2.26

For modders: Allow adding SFType Models while in editor (only for advanced modders)

For modders: Allows SFType ratio to be set so the troop presentation is in multiples like in DC. For example a ratio of 1000 would present a unit with 15 infantry as 15.000 infantry. Keep in mind you need to set this for each SFType.

Netherlands40 missing files are added. Not perfect but at least no error messages.

For modders: Added option to assign a category ID to a research field and to block all research with a certain category ID once a certain research field is researched. This addition opens the option to create branching research where you have to chose one of the fields in the category and never be able to research the others.

For newdawn and modders: New Dawn now has permanent officer death when they are killed in combat. Modders can enable this rule with rulevar. Newdawn3.at2 masterfile is now upgraded to version 3.0.2. You can change this behavior with rulevar 915.

The buttons on the scenario setup screen pointing to VR websites that have been replaced by vrdesigns.net now point to the new website instead. That is much better than a 404.

Navy units in port (or in allied port) now always give recon for that port hex that they are in.
Zajcew

RE: Advance Tactics Gold 2.27g is available

Post by Zajcew »

Hello, is there any reason why this patch is available only from the members area and not from the game page as always? I'm asking because I'm having trouble downloading from the members area. Each time the download hangs after reaching several percent of progress. This happens every time regardles of the file I try to download. Would any kind soul who has this patch handy be willing to send it to me via email if I provide it in a PM?
On a side note I'm also looking for the latest patch for Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue(it's numberes 1.08f) I'm having the same problem downloading. Anyone has it?
mattpilot

Post by mattpilot »

So..... steam?
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

We'd like to give this a few days time "out in the wild" and then we will release it on Steam as well.

That's what the first post says.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
mattpilot

Post by mattpilot »

it's been a few days ;-)
Vic

Post by Vic »

Yes its been a week now :)

Sending the Steam build of to Matrix.

Anybody had similar problem as Zajcew?

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

Can 227g be loaded over 221s or are there intermediate updates which need to be loaded first? If so, what is the update sequence from 221s to 227g?

Regards
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Vic

Post by Vic »

Nope. All official updates, like this one, are inclusive and can be installed over any ATG version.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
HeinzHonokaPepperoni

Post by HeinzHonokaPepperoni »

Almost at 14 days now, still no steam version.
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

We have the files for the Steam version now, we hope to make them live fairly soon but I cannot give you a day just yet. Thank you for your patience.
miajacob098

Post by miajacob098 »

[quote]ORIGINAL: Zajcew

Hello, is there any reason why this patch is available only from the members area and not from the game page as always? I'm asking because I'm having trouble downloading from the members area. Each time the download hangs after reaching several percent of progress. This happens every time regardles of the file I try to download. Would any kind soul who has this patch handy be willing to send it to me via email if I provide it in a PM?
On a side note I'm also looking for the latest patch for Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue(it's numberes 1.08f) I'm having the same problem downloading. Anyone has it?
Agree with you

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”