Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Better CV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Better CV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Better CV - 3/2/2018 2:37:51 PM   
SparkleyTits

Hey guys could anybody please point me to right place for information with the changes in better CV and normal CV rules?

I can't seem to find them myself unfortunately

Appreciate it!

S-T
Post #: 1
RE: Better CV - 3/2/2018 2:59:16 PM   
tyronec

Don't know where it is described. The big difference is Better CV take into account all the leadership factors, standard doesn't. Not sure if it includes anything else. You might have to wait for a spreadsheet guy to show up...

< Message edited by tyronec -- 3/2/2018 3:03:14 PM >

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 2
RE: Better CV - 3/2/2018 3:14:20 PM   
chaos45

better CV is supposed to a more exact representation of the actual CV of the units based on leadership, support from HQ an such.....it can still change some based on dice rolls but is supposed to be alot more accurate.

I would say playing the game with it on is almost like cheating esp for the Germans in the early game as it immediately gives away where the better Soviet commanders are and more support units are an such. Its basically free recon to the side that has the initiative.

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 3
RE: Better CV - 3/2/2018 3:18:12 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

I have never played with better CV, does it show the effect of the enemies side leaders too (can be easily tested but too lazy :) )

The difference between standard CV and better CV is that the first one is a standard estimation of the CV of a unit based on very raw formulas.
The better CV is exactly the expectation value with all unit stats and leader rolls included.

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 4
RE: Better CV - 3/2/2018 3:35:25 PM   
SparkleyTits

So for clarification the only difference is in leader ratings and all the other usual suspects of morale, TOE etc show fine?

Thanks guys

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 3/2/2018 3:36:29 PM >

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 5
RE: Better CV - 3/2/2018 4:39:42 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

better CV is supposed to a more exact representation of the actual CV of the units based on leadership, support from HQ an such.....it can still change some based on dice rolls but is supposed to be alot more accurate.

I would say playing the game with it on is almost like cheating esp for the Germans in the early game as it immediately gives away where the better Soviet commanders are and more support units are an such. Its basically free recon to the side that has the initiative.

I tried to stress this point in my last AAR that it makes the German side so easy to play in 41. I have always been against it because it takes a great deal of the guesswork out of you planning because what you see on the counter is what it is. If you are a new person then by all means use it in your games to understand what is going on. But if you are veterans please shy away from this.

Yes, you can pretty much tell what leader is leading what units by their combat strength you see on the counter. Change out different leaders and you can see the effect and the unit strengths. Set up in clear terrain to get your baseline and put the multipliers on it starting with a leader 4 and work up from there. So you can pretty much know if the unit is lead by a 4,5,6, etc leader based on the strength.

Space we can recover; time never

Napoleon

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 6
RE: Better CV - 3/2/2018 6:25:18 PM   
SparkleyTits

I am actually finding my first time without better CV surprisingly fun to play without so far

Thanks everybody for all the help with my bumbling

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 3/2/2018 6:45:34 PM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 7
RE: Better CV - 3/3/2018 3:20:17 AM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

I tried to stress this point in my last AAR that it makes the German side so easy to play in 41. I have always been against it because it takes a great deal of the guesswork out of you planning because what you see on the counter is what it is. If you are a new person then by all means use it in your games to understand what is going on. But if you are veterans please shy away from this.

Yes, you can pretty much tell what leader is leading what units by their combat strength you see on the counter. Change out different leaders and you can see the effect and the unit strengths. Set up in clear terrain to get your baseline and put the multipliers on it starting with a leader 4 and work up from there. So you can pretty much know if the unit is lead by a 4,5,6, etc leader based on the strength.

well I might propose there is one extra step. Where the better leaders are it is more likely that the defensive CV will double will a passed leadership check, and the opposite with bad leaders. So I deliberate attack and increase involved CV after I identify the better leaders.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 8
RE: Better CV - 3/7/2018 8:13:07 AM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

Hey guys could anybody please point me to right place for information with the changes in better CV and normal CV rules?

I can't seem to find them myself unfortunately

Appreciate it!

S-T

With some bugs in sample calculations, but it's here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4367937

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Better CV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI