Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Air Commander in Additional Air HQ Scenario?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Allied Air Commander in Additional Air HQ Scenario? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Air Commander in Additional Air HQ Scenario? - 2/27/2018 4:11:51 AM   
LuciusSulla

In the scenario, there are two layers of air HQs for Allies. e.g. 8th US Air Force has 3 sub Air HQs (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Bomb Div), ADs could be created both for 8th US Air Force and its 3 sub HQs.
If I wish to replace Air commanders, Which layer should I put the commanders with highest Air ratings in?
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Air Commander in Additional Air HQ Scenario? - 2/27/2018 9:04:13 PM   
bomccarthy

It will largely depend upon where you intend to create most of your ADs - if you create more ADs within 8th AF than in the lower Bomb Divs, then you probably want to keep the highest air ratings commander in the 8th AF.

Realistically, there are few reasons for changing the US Air HQ commanders - I don't even swap Eaker and Doolittle between 8th AF and 15th AF, as was done historically. Weather and the experience of the individual groups have a greater bearing on outcomes in any given turn. I find that they primarily help with morale recovery. The Additional Air HQ scenario gives you so much flexibility in assigning ADs that sticking with the historical leadership lineup works. I think that the one instance where change could make a noticeable difference - replacing Harris as CO of Bomber Command - costs so many admin points that it isn't worth the cost.

(in reply to LuciusSulla)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Allied Air Commander in Additional Air HQ Scenario? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI