Profile in Courage new version 2.0 uploaded:
- Corrected positioning of objective hex links (in 1.1, I had mistakenly made them the same as related popup messages).
- Substituted an AI team of Marines for player-controlled Army infantry stranded on Kolombangara to eliminate the "board transport" exploit.
- Fighters opposing the Japanese air raid are now on the AI team of Marines to keep them focused on the job at hand and leave when its done, thereby eliminating the "keep a Jap bomber alive so I can use the fighters on other stuff" exploit. Also threw in a couple of Japanese fighter escorts to spice things up.
- Bombers saving a PT boat from a Japanese destroyer are now on the AI team of Marines to keep them focused and depart when the job is done, thereby eliminating a similar exploit of keeping the destroyer barely alive to use the bombers elsewhere.
- Redesigned the vignette about locating a Jap sub so that it works more reliably (anticipating other ways of going about it) and eliminates the exploit of blocking the sub from exiting so that the remaining destroyers can be used elsewhere. Basically, there are no destroyers now, just implied. However, I jazzed this one up a bit and added an interesting historical reference (details in the Information folder).
- Fixed the error that allowed victory without sinking any supply barges (the objective should have been active from the start even though the barges don't show up until later).
- Fixed the error that prevented the endgame from happening at times. (No wonder this scenario looked so easy with all of the exploits and no endgame.)
- For good measure, reduced the available resource points from 250 to 120. That alone would dial up the difficulty but taken altogether, good luck now.
I am going to play this out myself tonight or tomorrow to see how tough it is, middle difficulty. Regarding introducing the Marines AI to handle certain chores properly, remember that this scenario is about the PT boats. Everything else is a prop.