Alright, I figured I share with you my latest work on the game. This UPDATE5 ALPHA build contain, the following features:
1) Added native 4K resolution
2) Added new special command "ATTACK HEX" to AI when AI set is to ADVANCE. This feature allows a unit assigned with this command to attack and defend a specific hex only. This feature will allow the scenario designer a great control over AI units. This feature is currently available in the game to AI when AI is HOLD, the special command is called "DEFEND HEX".
3) AI leaders with no additional personnel units in the same hex will now try to move to a hex with broken units or good order units in a hex without a leader. [January 31, 2018]
4) Implemented AI Medium and Heavy Machine Guns long range fire, in AI Fire Segment, AI Defensive Fire Segment or AI Defensive Fire during Player's Movement Segment. In addition, only if AI is on HOLD (meaning AI is defending in a scenario) and if an AI personnel unit does not have special ATTACK command.
5) AI Pinned personnel are now included in AI firing evaluation processing functionality.
6) AI Personnel units possesing LATW that do not have a valid LATW target will now engage player units using their inherent firepower.
7) AI personnel units with side set to ADVANCE, will now slightly be more prone to move forward.
8) AI unit (personnel or AFV) that is not visible, when exiting map will not display "Exited Map from HEX" message in the action log window.
9) AI Leader even if he has a special command (like defend a specific hex, or attack a specific hex) will not move on its own if he is stacked with broken units.
10) Fixed a bug in Close Combat that would crash the game engine.
11) Revised AI fire evaluation functionality, AI should be slightly more prone to fire.
12) Fixed Command and Control rules.
13) Updated AI code for AI personnel units placing Demolition Charges.
14) AI British personnel unit cannot place LMG as Demolition Charge.
15) Fixed command and control bug that jcrohio found.
16) AI selected Ordnance and AFVs now fire smoke and white phosphorus rounds.
17) Further optimization for Assault-guns (StuG III, Marder) for AI smoke/wp logic.
18) optimized AI Smoke/WP logic
May 24th, 2018 fixes:
19) A side may only have two radios in its OOB, I have added validation checking to both the game engine and the editor.
20) Fixed Target Type dialog, discovered by U844 here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4478171
NOTE: The Build 1.1.09 is the final build for UPDATE5, I will keep the Game executable attachment link up until UPDATE5 is officially released.
IMPORTANT: make sure you install UPDATE4 before overwriting the game executable with the 1.1.09 version attached in this message.
< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/24/2018 4:13:27 PM >